Thread: Headlights?

Headlights?

Just drove my VX at night for the first time. It was raining pretty hard and I found the standard lights nearly useless. I'm thinking they could just be old, and need replacement. But I was wondering what you guys suggest. I'm not wanting to spend a lot of money (no projector or HID conversion). But I'd be into replacing the driving lights and/or adding foglights. I want to eventually add a lightbar, but I don't have the money at the moment.

Well, providing yours are aimed correctly and they aren't dirty or clouded over, I love the Sylvania Silver Star bulbs. If you have a Walmart close by, can normal buy a pack of 2 for the price of one at your local auto parts store, but shop around.

This is their commercial
    http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...Commercial.htm
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

x2! i put silverstars into my VX and love them, combined those with PIAA W2 bulbs in the stock fog light housings and you get a very nice light! Tone used to offer some good quartz bulbs for a good price but i waited like 3 months for him to get some new ones in and eventually gave up since one of my headlights went out, I just got the silverstars, but i have been happy with them

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

I use the silver star ultras....good lights..
    ???piaa W2 in the stock little round..??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Look at this for some cleaning info or in the "how to" section.

Talking HID's

I jus bought some HID's for my proton... 6000k... I drove around all night last night just to enjoy how much I could see with 'em... All the reflectors on the freeway lit up, along with all signs I needed to see and all colors are true-er(?) I like this kit so much more than the regular headlight bulbs.

I put in the silverstars. Helped a TON! About those PIAA's, would you say that they alone are bright enough to be able to see at night with them alone? Not that I plan on doing such a thing, I'm just trying to gauge how bright they are.

they arent THAT bright.. but they are bright enough that when i pull into parking lots with lots of houses around ill kill the headlights and just use them so as to not shine into any windows.. after a long night at a bar a buddy of mine was driving the vx and complained my headlights werent bright enough, if it gets nice out soon i have a stock bulb laying around ill see if i can get a comparison shot

Thanks for the info, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Great description. Slightly off topic, but you should've told your buddy to turn on the light bar-- THEN complain! haha

I parked next to Joe Black and we compared his silver stars to my 5000k HIDs - no comparison. The light limit on the HID was about 3x further. I think HIDs are one of the best upgrades you can do, but if you want to go the less expensive route, the silver stars will get you by until you do.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Quote Originally Posted by Thmstec View Post
    Thanks for the info, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Great description. Slightly off topic, but you should've told your buddy to turn on the light bar-- THEN complain! haha
    whoops just re-read what i wrote.. he complained that the headlights were not bright enough.. problem is that he never turned them on! he was driving with the fog lights only, with the silverstars there is plenty of light