Thread: Teflon

Talking Teflon

I like my stockers but I am not a fan of chrome. I like black rims, especially the Teflon covered sets, but I don't really like the patterns of the rims. So while on a delivery to a rim shop I asked if my stockers could be coated, guess what?.... they can!! All 5, stripped of their chrome and Teflon coated for just over $800! I am thinkin I need to come up on some cash :P

I'm shocked Ca. would allow chrome removal anywhere it the state

please post pictures if and when you do this, I've always liked the idea of b;ack rims vs. chrome but I didn't particularly care for any of the designs I saw, too Pep-Boys for me

You mean, of course, that you didn't like any of the designs EXCEPT this one:

Because these Teflons rock the casbah. :bgwp:
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4 View Post
    You mean, of course, that you didn't like any of the designs EXCEPT this one:

Because these Teflons rock the casbah. :bgwp:
    x2
    - you have to know what it is to know what it is -

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by So-CalVX View Post
    I like my stockers but I am not a fan of chrome. I like black rims, especially the Teflon covered sets, but I don't really like the patterns of the rims. So while on a delivery to a rim shop I asked if my stockers could be coated, guess what?.... they can!! All 5, stripped of their chrome and Teflon coated for just over $800! I am thinkin I need to come up on some cash :P
    If you dig around in last years Moab thread, you'll find at least a couple pics of Scott Harness's Ironman that has teflon powder coated stock 16's.
    If it were me, I'd start with polished aluminium rims & save or sell the chromies.

So-CalVX, I found some matte finish 16 inch wheels off a Trooper and had those powder coated in Teflon and kept my chrome wheels. I think I paid 175 a wheel. I really like the look. Go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman View Post
    x2
    x3

Bart

i was thinking of doing the same thing get my stock rims and painting them black or black chrome not sure yet i also like the teflon look but idk lol
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein