Thread: Green leak

Green leak

Hi,

I've noticed this morning that there was a puddle under my VX. Automatically its gotta be oil, but it wasnt. It had the feel of oil but it dried up like water. I placed a white typing paper and it was light green. I checked my antifreeze and it did not decrease, and the leak did not have that antifreeze smell. Did some research online and found that it might be the ac compressor leaking.
    Anyone have a clue on what else it might be? The leak is significant and its still leaking as I write this. Oil, coolant, brake fluid are all leveled.

Thanks

I just posted a question about the crossover pipe on the front of the engine. Is yours leaking a liquid from that section of the motor?
    You will see it from the bottom side up front. It's not just coolant to me....
    Mine is leaking a weird coolant type liquid and I have been told it was a crossover for the coolant. I need a gasket but know one has one. Anyone have a suggestion?

Can you send a picture?

It doesn't smell like coolant though. I haven't traced the leak yet but its ending up by the tansmission pan. Its moreover on the driver's side. If you look at the pic you can see a bit of the oil filter to get an idea where the location is.
    https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/2/AAD...00&size_mode=2

I think I'm just going to break this thing open. I cleaned up the garage floor, woke up this morning and more leak of this fluid. I'm suspecting its from the a/c compressor cause when I turned on the a/c, a whislting sound is coming from there. Usually bearings grinding from lack of lubricant. I don't know.