Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Autopia Lighting Xenon White Fog Light Kit

Autopia Lighting Xenon White Fog Light Kit

Has anyone bought these fog lights? im thinking about getting them but dont know how hard are they to install or if i will have to take them to a shop to get them installed any opinions?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
    Has anyone bought these fog lights? im thinking about getting them but dont know how hard are they to install or if i will have to take them to a shop to get them installed any opinions?
    Maybe post a link so we can see what you're talking about?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    If you do get them, you'll need to search the forums for Scotts(Moncha) write up on how he installed his Hella Micros.
    The same method of bracket modification could be used with these.

Pepino,

I installed some similar lights a while ago, but of course I didn't take any pictures. I fabricated some brackets out of some aluminum flat bar that I bent into a "U" shape, painted black, and bolted to the top of the turn signal housing like Moncha outlines in his Hella install. The lights I installed had an "angel eye" ring and to get them to fit in correctly I had to cut the lip that the stock running lights seat into out. It was really a pretty easy install. If you need me to I might be able to get some pictures of the whole set up.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Fog Lites

Pepino,
    I purchased from autopia since their advertisement stated they were for the VX. Unfortunately, when they arrived they turned out to be too big for the original holes in the front bumper cover. I don't want to do any cutting since i want to keep everything as it came from the factory.
    I did contact them and they did an exchage for 2.75-inch units with no additional charges other than my cost to return the other ones. I have not tried to install yet, but will do soon.
    If you get any, get the 2.75" units since they are the smallest ones they make and i'm pretty sure they should work OK.
    I can let you know how it goes,
    Scott

do the 2.75" units come with the halo around?

Yes, on the Halo.

Yes, exactly what i got. Can't wait to see them working.
    If you do order them make sure you put a note in your order request stating "include Halo please" otherwise they won't include the right lites.
    Scott

Sorry thread jackin' a moment

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Pepino,

I installed some similar lights a while ago, but of course I didn't take any pictures. I fabricated some brackets out of some aluminum flat bar that I bent into a "U" shape, painted black, and bolted to the top of the turn signal housing like Moncha outlines in his Hella install. The lights I installed had an "angel eye" ring and to get them to fit in correctly I had to cut the lip that the stock running lights seat into out. It was really a pretty easy install. If you need me to I might be able to get some pictures of the whole set up.
    Any chance you could take some pictures of the outcome. I know there was another with angel eye lights and was thinking of same. Either post a picture or two on your profile or on your other post which is found here:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=angel+eye

... Thanks
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Dumke,

I will take some pictures this weekend and post them up. I'll have to do a quick wash down of the front end as it has been snowing here in Colorado and my baby is absolutely CRUMMY.
    I still haven't found a gasket material to put around the lights to really seat them into the opening in the front cladding, but they really don't look too bad right now. I have the blue angel eye, and it looks really cool at night, but I keep waiting for the cops to pull me over.
    As I said earlier; to get them in I had to cut the mounting flange for the stock lights out, so now I can't go back unless I get a new front cladding.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Dumke,

I will take some pictures this weekend and post them up. I'll have to do a quick wash down of the front end as it has been snowing here in Colorado and my baby is absolutely CRUMMY.
    I still haven't found a gasket material to put around the lights to really seat them into the opening in the front cladding, but they really don't look too bad right now. I have the blue angel eye, and it looks really cool at night, but I keep waiting for the cops to pull me over.
    As I said earlier; to get them in I had to cut the mounting flange for the stock lights out, so now I can't go back unless I get a new front cladding.

Mark

OK asking for more can I get a nigth and day pic plz course night with lighst on . As for the cops issue. And someone that knows more can chim in and not sure if laws different in different areas but, a patrol cop friend here in frt worth said its a big misconception<sp> that you cant have lighst on your car. He has even gone to his cop buddies who have writen tickets. he said per the book it doesnt matter what lighst you have you just cant have flashing blue or red lights. You can have solid, or flashing lights of other colors just not those two. We had a long extensive convo about it but I am sure someone will straighten me out here or give more insight.

Dumke,

Got to take some pictures of the angel eyes this weekend so take a look at the pictures below. It was snowing so there may be some flakes in the way, but I think you can get the picture. The angle eyes themselves are hooked up to the wiring for the old running lights, so they come on with the marker lights. I suppose that I could have hooked them up to a switch so they could come on separately, but I didn't. The fog lights ARE hooked up to a factory fog light switch in the dash (didn't take a picture of that), and work fairly well. I still need to aim them a little better, but for now they light up the road ahead pretty well.

Hope this helps.

Thumbs up Thanks

Looks really good.

was it hard to install them were the instructions good? because i have no idea how to change anything electric im not good with wires or anythig so before i buy them i want to know if it was easy

Pepino,

I'm not terribly electrically inclined either, but the install wasn't too bad. The ones that I bought where actually from AutoX (I think) and the instructions where a little cartoonish and vague but relatively easy to follow. If you install per the instructions it shouldn't be a big deal, but I complicated mine by also installing Moncha's auxiliary fuse box and hooking the whole kit and kaboodle to an Isuzu fog light switch. I figure if I can get through it, then you should be just fine. Just take your time and try to diagram it out first because I know that helped me.

Mark