Thread: Any one ever used the Auto Train?

Any one ever used the Auto Train?

I'm planning a trip up to the Phila. area this spring(April or May) My wife just had back surgery eight weeks ago, and isn't up for the eighteen hour ride in a car. I am a driver, and have always driven everywhere. I DON'T WANNA FLY!!! Auto Train seems like the answer. Cool little room, with the clackata-clackata, and the rocking, and a big window, and my little redhead all the while, my vehicle is tagging along with me. Sounds great to me, but I'm really scared about some knucklehead loading and unloading (4 times) 0177. I really want to drive my VX in the hills ( the M Coupe would be the obvious choice here, but she gets motion sickness within ten minutes...blames my driving) Thinking I should just take the Lightning...it's the easiest to replace/fix. My family is getting very old, I haven't left Fla. in 15 years, and don't think I'll go back again too soon....so this trip is a big deal. Any of you guys used the Auto Train???? I need feedback here, please.

i havent used the train... but if u decide u dont wanna cart 0177 up you can always come check out my vx to get your fix!

Took the auto train years ago as a kid. The folks had no problem with the handling of the car but there are always risks. It was really awesome experience

I've never used it but have heard good things about it. Destination is key (Philly should be OK) you may still have a few hours drive after they unload your VX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I wonder If they run this thing west? Probably Chi. for sure. Denver (much better) S.L.C. (ideal) This may be a very cool way to get to Moab. The test will be this ride to Pa..I'm playin it safe, I think, and taking the pickup (which will kinda suck) Might turn out to be a Mexican bus ride on rails.