Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dakar Rally canceled over terrorism concerns........

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

Dakar Rally canceled over terrorism concerns........

VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To bad they couldn't use al-Qaida as speed bumps
    Scott / moncha.com

Yeah, it is a dark day....but I wouldn't want to drive that route right now either.....I'd do it.....but I wouldn't like it.

I was pondering it on the drive home today... I can kind of see where they're coming from. A handful of guys with AK-47s in the middle of nowhere could cause havok.

Still, I was thinking that you could just strap a P90 or an MP7 on each competitor, and maybe a little body armor. Terrorists could be just another road hazard.

Too much weight..........now I need to have someone run the weapons systems???? I'll stay home, thank you. I've better ways to spend 750k or so.

Let the heavy-truck class run first, after being fitted with complimentary ring mounts and an M2. Oh, and give stage bonuses for ammo conservation. :bwgr:
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Too much weight..........now I need to have someone run the weapons systems???? I'll stay home, thank you. I've better ways to spend 750k or so.
    That's why I recommend the weapons I did. They're each under 3kg loaded and small enough to not get in the way. More than a handgun, less than an assault rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Black
    Oh, and give stage bonuses for ammo conservation.
    *snicker* See? We've got this all figured out... they shoulda' called us first...

There has got to be some pissed off team owners. That is a lot ot time, effert and huge $$$$ preparing a team, support and vehicle for nothing!
    hey should have loaded up the big trucks with granade launchers, missle launchers and maybe a few front, side and rear claymores and let them have a field day on the entire course...or they could have just had a dozen or so A-10's fly some support missions over the course!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    ...or they could have just had a dozen or so A-10's fly some support missions over the course!
    Problem solved!
    Once you start limiting your freedoms, ending recreational activities, etc. you have given in & the terrorists have won. We are treated like crap in our airports. Our service men & women are fighting for safety and freedom in lands that will whip you, chop off body parts, or worse for offending thier delicate sensibilities and ancient backwards beliefs...
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Yeah, A10 Warthog cover would be sweet! But in reality terrorism usually wins without determined and extreme response, and this is just another case of its global impact. We were terrorists once, just ask the British, and it won us a nation. Curious to see what it wins the current group.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    There has got to be some pissed off team owners. That is a lot ot time, effert and huge $$$$ preparing a team, support and vehicle for nothing!
    hey should have loaded up the big trucks with granade launchers, missle launchers and maybe a few front, side and rear claymores and let them have a field day on the entire course...or they could have just had a dozen or so A-10's fly some support missions over the course!
    All those goodies, would've made you a target. You bring A-10 cover, and the race is on!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It just takes extreme sports to another level. I picture the scene from Star Wars where the sandpeople are taking pot shots at the pods in the pod race.

I am ALL for it.... as long as the navigator can shoot back that is.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Black View Post
    Yeah, A10 Warthog cover would be sweet! But in reality terrorism usually wins without determined and extreme response, and this is just another case of its global impact. We were terrorists once, just ask the British, and it won us a nation. Curious to see what it wins the current group.
    It's gonna win them a glow that my grandchildren will read by at night. We won't need exploratory drilling.....we'll look down thru the glass, and see where the oil is! Screw them! I'm tired of this crap! Remove just the top three major metropolitan areas in each of say... the top six p.i.a. dusthole countries. None could survive such a strike. All you gotta do then, is wait for the rest to starve. I do not believe in limited warfare. You want some??? It's on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    It's gonna win them a glow that my grandchildren will read by at night. We won't need exploratory drilling.....we'll look down thru the glass, and see where the oil is! Screw them! I'm tired of this crap! Remove just the top three major metropolitan areas in each of say... the top six p.i.a. dusthole countries. None could survive such a strike. All you gotta do then, is wait for the rest to starve. I do not believe in limited warfare. You want some??? It's on!!
    Re: Sun tan lotions with a SPF of 2,000,000 +.

I love the Wart Hogs.

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It just takes extreme sports to another level. I picture the scene from Star Wars where the sandpeople are taking pot shots at the pods in the pod race.

I am ALL for it.... as long as the navigator can shoot back that is.
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away I was with 5th Group. Now I just hang with my surviving A Team...Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Ezra Brooks, Hiram Walker and other Kentucky Gentlemen and Wild Turkeys!