Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: QUESTION, when will VX's go up in value??

QUESTION, when will VX's go up in value??

I'm scratching my head in amazement! Why is the VX, such an awesome SUV of such rare production #'s still depreciating in value? When will that turn around and the price stabilize and go up? I know the vehicle is still not that old yet but so rare....do we have to wait for the classic and then antique status?
    Maybe its supply , demand and market price? If every VX owner selling started to raise prices then anyone wanting one would have to choose from that pool of VX's...but then you have the rare dealers who get one in on trade.

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR ONE there is a grey VX sitting up front in the Nissan Dealer lot on RT 17 south bound side in Ramsey NJ. Didn't stop in to inquire yet.

Love to hear all your opinions!

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    "MARS ATV"
    NASA's Martian Surface Exploration All Terrain Vehicle Prototype

VX value

Thanks to GM ( and there greedy way of business) they destroyed Isuzu in the USA. I am 99% sure we will not see a new
    Isuzu in the US agin in a few years Isuzu dealers are droping off the map left and right. The avarage american is starting to put Isuzu in a " sub quality" car catagory

The new Toyota Landrcuiser FJ just proves that The VX was too modern and a head of its time for the american market palce.

Good question. I'm afraid they won't. Only those with low miles and in mint condition will ever see a decent price in the future. The question is: How many VXs are out there with less than 30K miles on the clock?
    I think there is one or two VXs (the Pearl one and the VX02) that might bring some decent bids. I don't expect anyone to pay more than $20K for a VX in the near future.

I might be wrong....but I just don't see it. Time (a very long one...) will tell.
    Daniel

Vehicles are one of the poorest investments you could ever make and specialty models like the VX even more so. It will likely be at least 15 - 20 years before you see an appreciable increase in the value of a VX relative to its market segment (2dr SUV). We own these vehicles for our interest not for equity.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Wink it's not just vehicles...

My buddy has an "Excelsior Henderson" motorcycle that is pretty rare and they went from like $18k new.... to now on Ebay for like $4-$5k with mods. We both can't believe how low they've dropped and wonder if they can possibly drop further...These are like nice big ole Harley's with a big V-twin. He's had very good luck with his and has piled on alot of miles so they seem to be stout and well built bikes.

http://www.superxowners.com/history/index.htm

Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 12/29/2007 at 08:25 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by BJONESE View Post
    The avarage american is starting to put Isuzu in a " sub quality" car catagory
    I think that is definitely part of it. Also, despite the rarity of the VX, its still "just an Isuzu" to most people. Its not like a DeLorean or some other rare exotic. I think also the engine blowing issues probably deter people who are in the know, and then there are most people, who don't even know what a VehiCROSS is.

I think it will be 10-15 years before the VX becomes a true collector car, and by then, they really weill be a rarity.

Bart

This was an unpopular car, made by an unpopular marque, that in the eye of a collector, did nothing outstanding in competition...and did nothing to move the "automotive bar." WE see all kinds of greatness in this little truck, but we are fanatics, our opinions count for nothing (in the collector world). I'm afraid even the rarest (vx2) and best preserved examples, will never cover the cost of their storage I don't see anyone scrambling to collect Samauri or Suzuki X-cars) Even my 01 M Coupe has lost a third of it's value over the last six years, and it's probably a lot more collectable than the VX. My best advise...use it!....enjoy it! Just 'cause they didn't make many, doesn't make it a collector. Remember, in '02 they were dumping these cars for twenty grand. They didn't make many, because they couldn't sell many!

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    ...Also, despite the rarity of the VX, its still "just an Isuzu" to most people.
    It is sort of telling to witness the initial enthusiasm of people who ask about the VX start to dwindle when the word Isuzu is mentioned. Suddenly, they just don't seem to have many more questions.

I suppose it would have been different in some cases if I'd have just let them persist in their preconceived notions that it had to be the latest offering from Porsche, Mercedes, or their like, but that's just not the way I roll.

Such is life in a brand-recognition world though.

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    It is sort of telling to witness the initial enthusiasm of people who ask about the VX start to dwindle when the word Isuzu is mentioned. Suddenly, they just don't seem to have many more questions.

I suppose it would have been different in some cases if I'd have just let them persist in their preconceived notions that it had to be the latest offering from Porsche, Mercedes, or their like, but that's just not the way I roll.

Yup, that has happened to me. Them, "wow, what kind of car is that?", Me, "Its an Isuzu VehiCROSS", Them, "oh".

And that's it. I look at it this way, all the better for those of us who dream of a second one!

Bart

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post

I've found that the LONGER an inquisitive person meanders around a debadged VX without being able to solve the mystery (darn "isuzu" embossed radio & steering wheel nearly give it away!); seems to negate the "Dwindle-Effect"....lol. Or in Einstein-ian terms:

(E)nthusiasm=(M)eandering X (D)ebadged VX {squared}

Thumbs down

I think that is definitely part of it. Also, despite the rarity of the VX, its still "just an Isuzu" to most people. Its not like a DeLorean or some other rare exotic. I think also the engine blowing issues probably deter people who are in the know, and then there are most people, who don't even know what a VehiCROSS is.

I think it will be 10-15 years before the VX becomes a true collector car, and by then, they really weill be a rarity.

Bart

DeLorean! OH NO!!! Don't say it!!! That car is evil!!!! My Dad has owned 2 and they are nothing but trouble!!!! He still has one of them. They were produced in Ireland were they hadn't had much experience in assembling cars, so it falls apart constantly! And the transmission works almost like clock work, you pay out the butt to fix it, but they only guarentee/warranty the rebuilt one (because there are no new one's anymore) for like 6 months! No power steering, no power brakes. It's not a powerful vehicle by any means, but people seem to think so since it can "travel back in time". The doors leak when it rains. The door handles stick on the inside so you are trapped in, until someone from outside will let you out. The windows are too small to go through a drive thru , which I think is hilarious. The steering rattles on the freeway when you hit like 50 mph. You can't tell how fast you are going because the spedometer doesn't work. I was excited when I had my first chance to drive it... I changed my mind very quickly once I was in it. They are aweful! It's my Dad's dream car, but you have to have the funds for it. The DeLorean is a money pit that is too deep for you to reach back into. Yes, they are stainless steel with gull wing doors and they are featured in "Back to the Future" and "The Wedding Singer", but that is about all it has going for it. You can say they are "appreciating in value"...but my Dad has put far more into his DeLorean (which he bought, I believe at $13k) than it is worth now... about $18-20k. Not to mention, the few times he was using my VX to get to and from work. What good is your daily driver car, if you can't drive it daily??? It would work for someone that had a lot of $$$ to spend, but if you aren't filthy rich... it's a difficult car to maintain. Rant over... back to the thread now... Thanks for tuning in...
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Also, despite the rarity of the VX, its still "just an Isuzu" to most people. Its not like a DeLorean or some other rare exotic.

Bart
    There are nearly double the amount of Delorean ever produced than VX's... They aren't as rare as our sweet rides!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    There are nearly double the amount of Delorean ever produced than VX's... They aren't as rare as our sweet rides!
    That's true, but everyone knows a Delorean will out-wheel a VX when it comes to crushing cars & other activities that are limited to mall parking lots...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    That's true, but everyone knows a Delorean will out-wheel a VX when it comes to crushing cars & other activities that are limited to mall parking lots...

So... he has a Little Giant ladder sitting on the other side of the car/monster truck right???

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    That'd be my guess...