Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Metal Floormats

Metal Floormats

I have been looking around for a pair of custom fit diamond tread polished aluminum floormats for the VX, but so far, I couldn't find anyone who made such an item. www.legend5.com has a list of metal floormats for almost any vehicle, except of course the VX. Does anyone know where I can find a set of metal floormats for the VX, or a vehicle on the above website that may closely match the VX?

Contact

I spoke to Tom at Legend5, he said that he would add this to his Development list. We can get a discount, but he has to first find the vehicle. They are located (in 914 East Osbourn Rd Unit 218)
    Phoenix, AZ 85014. The regular price for a set (2 front & rear mats) is $179, but for Our club/cult $159 including shipping. Maybe someone in the area can volunteer to get fitted.

I would be in for 1 set
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

It seems to me that these would be very slippery with wet shoes

I think that might be a little 2 high a price. There is a shop near here that I will contact to see how much it would cost to have something like this made. I have 1 question: How high would everyone want them to be? Just the same size as the regular floor mats or all the up under the dash? Let me know. I'll ask to see if there might be some kind of clear coating that could be put on that won't make them slippery and still make them shiney.

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889

Thumbs up

If I was to be in, they'd have to be the kind that hold slush and mud.. so deeper ones... not just a flat plate on the floor, I need containment....

I'm with Driver3!

I talked to the shop and he asked me to swing by friday to see what we could come up with. Any ideas everyone could come up with and I'll give them to him and see what we could get.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Regardless of what the design is, it has to put function over appearance... especially at that price. Otherwise, it'd just be a peice of expensive junk.

Metal Mats

I am open to ideas. I just thought it would be another nice touch to the VX interior. I was thinking about 3/16in metal maybe with a small lip that goes up to the scuff plate. Kind of the same shape as the stock mats only extending under the pedals up to the dash. I think the passengers side would look good if it went all the way up to the dash too. Like I said before, I will go with whatever we agree on. Please keep posting with any new info as I will be ready to get a set too.
    Last edited by grober02 : 06/09/2003 at 05:36 PM

I'll buy a set but how much and do they have them in stock cuz it would look extreme.
    then the only thing i need after that is a skid plate by ron and a supercharger and a moon craft body kit and then you guys will see it when its done
    Look much much much different then all of yours vx's and i know that bantan saw it before but it different now and if any body that wants to buy it when it is completed email me for a price

;eekg; ;eekp; ;eekr;

Originally posted by VX-KING
    I'll buy a set but how much and do they have them in stock cuz it would look extreme.
    then the only thing i need after that is a skid plate by ron and a supercharger and a moon craft body kit and then you guys will see it when its done
    Look much much much different then all of yours vx's and i know that bantan saw it before but it different now and if any body that wants to buy it when it is completed email me for a price

;eekg; ;eekp; ;eekr;
    I'm not sure if you're trying to be facetious, but saying you want to buy all of those mods to be different, then sell it, is a little strange. Plus, aren't you the person who said you had a Boss 429 in one thread, but is selling a 302 in another? AND... you stated you already had 310 hp in your VX and run 207 mph in the 1/2 mile?

How does a coat of Line-X to keep the metal mats scratch resistant sound?
    NAVIGATOR

Thumbs up

I like the liner idea, I was just sitting here thinking that I would paint it black, but liner is better, no slippage, plus it would fill in the cracks where the folds are if it's not welded.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Originally posted by Navigator
    How does a coat of Line-X to keep the metal mats scratch resistant sound?
    Then what's the point in having metal mats? why not just go with a set of McNeil's Weathertech thick rubber mats? They have deep groves to hold water, slush, mud, and whatever else you track into your car.

Metal is tough as nails, and with Line-X, the mats won't get slippery when wet and scratched up by shoes.

A matte red Line-X finish on mine to match my seats, you can have yours done in chrome if you like, heck it's all theory at this point
    Last edited by Navigator : 06/11/2003 at 07:29 PM