Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: winter floor mats

winter floor mats

wanted to preserve my stock floor mats this year from the mud and snow and crap that comes with winter in the northeast.. so i was about to order weathertech mats.. I just couldn't bring myself to buy weathertech floor mats for 55 bucks though, just too much! wandering wally world (Wal-Mart) i found some rubbermaid brand floor mats, they arent a custom fit like the weathertechs.. but they do cover the floor area and are really deep/ heavy/ well made, havent put em to the test yet but from the looks of em they will do well.. anyway point is.. $20 bucks for a good product.. probably not as good as the weathertech ones.. but still good stuff!

That's what I did. I found some "one size fits all" rubber diamond plate mates and cut them to fit. its not perfect, but keeps the winter muck all in one place!

Bart

here are some photos...

My favorite...
    Fuzzy
    2001 Proton #1413
    Kaneohe, HI

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    My favorite...
    link no work 4 me

Then we'll try again:

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    here are some photos...

I have had the same ones since i have had the su-zu etl,a different design but the same and i think they were 8 bucks ea. at wally world and they are frikkin great.

My solution was costly...move South!!!
    Western North Carolina...
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro
    (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

So my question is, do they stay put? I got a set off of ebay that was suppose to fit the VX, what a load of crap. They keep sliding up under the pedals which ain't too cool at all.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

i installed them as soon as i put them in, was wearing work boots.. they slid a tad at first, but that could have been due to the fact that im a bit clumsy in the boots and was probably kicking all over the place

they feel like they are pretty well stuck to the carpet now though, there are a pretty good number of small rubber "spikes" on the bottom of the mats

So, how about a 2 month update on those rubbermaid floor mats. Still please? Are they staying put? Was there a model number or what it will fit kind of hint?

loving them! i havent had them move much at all and they have saved my floor definitely. I was carrying some plants on the front floor board when someone came to a dead stop for no reason in front of me.. spilled a full 6" diameter potted plants worth of soil onto the mat, all i had to do was pull the mat out, dump it and take it to a pressure washer for cleaning, they have held up fantastic.

I dont know the model number or anything i just know they were hanging on the shelf at wal-mart, i saw gray and clear ones the other day too

CostCo has a similar set but I didn't check em out yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

went ahead and bought the weathertech ones and got them in today, figured the truck would get dirty from hiking and tailgating at football games (however, don't know how much more of that I'll be doing in the near future once the young ones get here....)
    seem to be well made and I think they have a 10 year warranty, but the driver's side doesn't fit as well as I hoped, especially with their advertising about "precision cut for your vehicle", the dead pedal is the culprit and part of the mat overflows on to the pedal, it's not awful and I'm not sure if it will be an issue as I've not driven it enough, just a little disappointing given their claims as well as the price involved

Recommendations for Newb?

Howdy there - I'm buying my VX this weekend and my top priority is finding a good set of all weather mats to protect the carpets. I guess it would be too much to expect Isuzu still sells any OEM stuff - but is there something else out there that you guys recommend that fits/works well? The weathertech mats above are ok, but it looks like they're clear maybe? I'd rather have something dark gray or black maybe, even if I have to cut.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!