Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why are the Fans of the VX Community living us.

Unhappy Why are the Fans of the VX Community living us.

Hey all you guys, i dont know if u guys know this, but i just checked the autotrader to see how many VX's are for sale, and come to surprise me, there are a handfull of VX members from this site that are selling there babies. I don't know about you guys but when i saw that it really made me sad, kinda like if the VX world is coming to an end. I know thats sounds like a bowl of 5h!t, but i'm being real here, go check the autotrader website and see for your self, and tell me if u feel sad about it. I know if i had a 5h!t load of cash i would buy all the VX's i can and colloct most of them, so they don't fall in the wrong hands. go check it out, i think it's fraken sad as hell. " Sorry for the MISS SPELLING ON THE TOPIC" (Living=Leaving)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1194148831841
    Last edited by CoastieCosta567 : 11/05/2007 at 03:33 PM

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    The only thing in life you can ever count on for sure is change.

Though I personally prefer folding money...

Look at it this way....

Maybe the new owner will sign up here and we will make new believers.

Plus this makes me sad for me.... I cant afford another one.

Wink

As Ldub says...people get married..have kids..let's face it..life demands change. The VX isn't exactly the family truckster. The wife's not gonna want to take the soccer team to the field in the VX. Many families can't afford multiple vehicles that aren't totally versatile; or multiple vehicles period.

My buddy got rid of his ebony VX because the wife complained about the bad gas mileage (he says they got 10mpg) and traded it in for a new mitsubishi eclipse that gets 24 mpg. He is bitter about his ownership experience. We usually don't talk VX's anymore as he tends to fling criticisms that tend to get me hot under the collar. Last one he made was "I think that vehicle was up to the standards of those made in the 70's."

In all honesty..this is the longest I've ever hung on to any one vehicle...coming up on 8 years of ownership! I've always gotten bored and moved on with prior vehicles.
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 11/04/2007 at 05:45 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

I've had many vehicles in my life and this my favorite. Idon't want to get rid of it, but I'm getting worried about finding parts. Keeping it for now!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    especially when rail caps go for 450+!

heh.

i agree with the 'change' comments. for some, it's inevitable - albeit a bit sad to see some go.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

It is a very, very wierd thing, change, but it is 100% natural. Just for example, I collected gas masks like a crazy maniac for about 12 years. During this time, I would have never even thought about giving up the hobby. I was 100% dedicated and 100% immersed in it. But then I moved across the country, and this set off a chain reaction of change for me. Basically, the closing of one book and the opening of another.

I once read somewhere that people do things in seven year cycles. I thought that was interesting...I guess they call it the 7 year itch... If you bought a VX in 2001, then your time might be up

Luckily for my wife I still love her after over 15 years of being together.

That said, some things change. Some things never change.

C'est la vie.

Bart

I bought my VX in 2001. Thought about selling it a few months ago when I moved to Hawaii.

Came to my senses since then and decided to have it shipped out to me.

The thought of driving anything else made me cringe!

VX'er for life here!
    Live Free or DIE!

Yeah.....'01 buyer....yeah, 7 year itch. All kinds of stuff looks good to me right now. Wrangler unlimited...in particular....new 1 series in general

See, that's the thing. Even WITH the desire to change, there just isn't a "better" option or a "comparable" option to the VX.

I suppose the ONLY option to a VX would be a nice new Rubicon, and despite the fact that the new Rubicons are really, really nice looking and super capable and all that, they just don't compare to look and feel of the VehiCROSS. So, one is left with only one option, to keep the VX.

Unless of course you are in need of something totally different or more practical.

To me, the only thing that really annoys me about the VX is its voracious appetite for gas and oil...other than that, its perfect for me.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by VehiX View Post
    I bought my VX in 2001. Thought about selling it a few months ago when I moved to Hawaii.

Came to my senses since then and decided to have it shipped out to me.

The thought of driving anything else made me cringe!

VX'er for life here!

Also, as we age, we might want to save our kidney, bladder, liver, etc...plus get a little quiter ride. Let's face it: the VX is not a family-friendly vehicle, it's a bumpy ride, not very user friendly (rear view, gas cap, access to back seat). Most of us like it due to its unique design, and off road capabilities.

I use my VX as a daily driver (about 12 miles to work). I got it for a good price ($9,000 @ 48K miles), I don't have a car payment and pay liability insurance only. What other cool vehicle can I get for this?

My wife has a company car (Jeep Grand Cherokee) and that's what we use for most of our weekend/travel/etc. driving. So again, to our benefit.

I have several options:
    1.-Sell the VX when parts are difficult and expensive to find. I think that Isuzu is obligated to make parts for this car for 10 years?
    2.- Keep it as a collectible in my garage and buy me another truck/suv
    3.- Give it to my son when he turns 16 (he's 9 years old now)

Bottom line, The VX tends to get old once you own it for a 2-3 years. Just yesterday one of my best friends came to pick me up in a brand new 2008 Mercedes ML500 AMG. What a sweet ride! Very tempting....

By the way, my friends refer to my VX as a "teenager" car and ask me when I'm going to mature and buy me a real "man" car. I always respond: you wish you could have a vehicle as rare as the VX and pay under $10K for it. I rather be considered a teenager and don't pay a $499-$700 note every month plus full coverage insurance.

Then there's silence....I wonder if they go to Autotrader afterward trying to find a good VX deal...
    Daniel

Talking

i understand what all you guys are saying and i agree, but i love the vx and i love the attention this thing gets more then others on the road, plus the main thing that gets me made is, i wish i can have one vx of each color sitting in a nice glass showrrom in my house, if i had 1. but of course thats a dream and maybe one day, but till then, it makes me sad seeing go to other hands and maybe they will go to the wrong hands and turn out in junk yards waiting to be melted or parted out. I'm in the Coast gaurd and as many know, living a militery life, u don't really make that much cash. but i had 3 cars, the VX, my wife couger, and a 280Z datsun, and i could offord it, but i simply never used the datsun and got ride of it. i just think people want to buy new things all the time. and thats the problem. i guess if u just save a little then u can just own more then 2 cars and does not mean u have to go and buy a $30K car every time, buying a used 1 is as good some times. well all i'm saying it sucks to see our VX's go in diffrent hands, I kjow we all want change and thats life and reality, but it just simply sucks, thats all. But i'm Happy with MINE even though its a pain in the *** half the time, I LOVE IT .

poster an idiot

Most are duplicates and the poster is illiterate. Whoever is the poster should be eliminated from posting. I bet it is a car salesman trying to sell some of the VX's on the site. He should at lest lesrn to spell

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Most are duplicates and the poster is illiterate. Whoever is the poster should be eliminated from posting. I bet it is a car salesman trying to sell some of the VX's on the site. He should at lest lesrn to spell
    Im lost with that?

Lifer!!!

The VX is more than a vehicle to some. We are fanatical, obsessive, and addicted to a unique ride... and then we find ourselves part of a family of like-minded folks! I barely rode my motorcycles (plural) this year because, when it came down to it, I wanted to enjoy the VehiCROSS. Unfortunately, things change, VXes get wrecked (::: knock on wood::, or whatever, but those that can will keep them as long as possible. Hopefully, more than a few VXes will be rescued from bad homes and go to someone like us. The VX community will change, but there will ALWAYS be the die-hard fans!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS