Thread: Help On After HID KIT Installation...

Help On After HID KIT Installation...

I recently installed zenons dual hid kit high and low beams for some reason they only work on high beams it was a simple plug and play andi had a pro install it please someone help me as to why my normal hid headlights wont come on only my high beams thanks lot.

Make sure you got all the connections right. Check everything one by one. Everybody do mistakes sometimes.

check the fuses for your low beams.. hids might draw more power and blow those fuses.. i went with higher wattage bulbs and had to replace my fuses with 15A

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    check the fuses for your low beams.. hids might draw more power and blow those fuses.. i went with higher wattage bulbs and had to replace my fuses with 15A

If I am not mistaken, HIDs draw less amps on the fuse as they are only normally 35w.
    06 Nissan Pathfinder LE - Storm Grey/Graphite - Westin Ultimate Bull Guard, PIAA 540 Lights, 35% tints, Nissan iPod Integration
    01 Isuzu VehiCROSS - Kaiser Silver/Grey, Westin Ultimate Bull Guard, PIAA 520 Lights, 35% Mirror Tints, Alpine CDA-9883 Deck, Kenwood KFC-1661S 3-way Speakers

SO I am assuming you got a single HID kit with a seperate high beam? If that is the case than more than likely the wires that go to the HID are switched around. On my brother and sister's HIDs that I installed for them there were three wires and their kits were the (much better in my opinion) bixenon kits that have the reflector in them that instead of having a seperate high bulb they just change the angle of the beam to higher. Anyways I have hooked up around 6 or 7 of these kits and on some of them if you get those three wires in the wrong order then the high will be on when the lows are supposed to and vice versa and all kinds of variations can get the wrong set up like yours with only the highs coming on. I called the company I got them from and they assured me that hooking the wires up in different combinations would in no way hurt the bulbs, so I kept exploring the different options like r-b-w or b-w-r or w-r-d and so on until I got the right one for both of their cars. The VX kit did not need to be changed the hook up for me was right on from the start, but I seriously would've gone with the bixenons instead of the seperate pale high halogen beam, but hopefully that helps a little.