University of Fla. dork....way to represent....thanx. Whatta Douche
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE
    Last edited by Chopper : 09/22/2007 at 05:34 PM

you think that hurt?

Got what he deserved, didn't he!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    University of Fla. dork....way to represent....thanx. Whatta Douche
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE
    I just want to say ,as a third generation native to florida, that this "meat head" must be canadian! jk
    My cow died last night ......so I don't need your bull!

Just typical cops blowing things out of proportion again, just cause the guy was acting a little stern with the quetions he was asking and went a little over there time limit for asking questions, come on wtf.

I heard this was staged. He based it off of similar campus antics out of California. They individual who did it there settled with the University for 2.5 million. Just another poser looking for a quick buck. Just look at the video and realize what a phony this guy is. Also, I do agree those campus cops can be retards-too much time and too little action=trigger happy enforco-nazis.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Here, the news claims it was staged, but they seem to think it was a you-tube thing..he has done something similar before. Regardless, all he had to do was step away...he created the entire situation. Lucky I wasn't the cop...I'd have tasered him in the co-cos for being so damn annoying, not over some first amendment stuff. I think we should all have an official, Marlin Perkins, dart gun....when others around you behave like idiots....put 'em to sleep for a while. Never seemed to hurt the Rhino any

The news does not claim it was staged. The police under investigation are the ones claiming that and the news is reporting what the police public relations people said.

As for the UCLA incident. There has been no settlement. Read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCLA_Taser_incident
    If you watch it on youtube, it's a lot worse than what happened in Florida - they repeatedly tasered the kid while demanding that he stand up - something that is difficult if not impossible to do if you've just been tasered. They even threaten bystanders to stop filming or they'll get tasered too.

When there is a lot of hype and coverage like this it's a good idea to keep in mind that just because the results are big does not mean the people involved had any intention to create the results. This is very interesting essay on the phenomenon: http://www.wired.com/politics/securi...tymatters_0712
    Last edited by WyrreJ : 09/23/2007 at 07:10 PM

Its better than the alternative...at least he lives to annoy another day! I work around some of the biggest idiots in the world and my motto is I am going home at the end of the day in one piece. If that means I tase someone or spoil their day with O.C. spray, so be it!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
    Its better than the alternative...at least he lives to annoy another day!
    That's a false analogy. The alternative in this case is not death.

I am a bouncer at a night club on the beach. cops there "tase" people all the time that are out of control. i asked one of them one time, "why so trigger happy" the officer said its for the cops saftey. you dont know what diseases they have , they could have a weapon on them etc. this was the cops reason, not mine

Quote Originally Posted by WyrreJ
    That's a false analogy. The alternative in this case is not death.
    Guess he was just misunderstood and a good spanking would have done the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
    Guess he was just misunderstood and a good spanking would have done the trick.
    Are you serious? If you didn't have a taser, you would have shot the guy? While he was face down with six people over him? You can't be serious.

The moral of the story is DON'T RESIST ARREST and you will not be tazered. With all the **** that has gone on ,they take no chances. The guy could have a gun,knife,bomb,or aids.People did not like being shot,they do not like pepper spray,and now they do not like the tazer.Make up your mind. The guy was clearly out of control. All he had to do was let them hand cuff him and we would not be having this discussion. Again ,ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS LET THEM HAND CUFF HIM. He was a idiot and got what he deserved. shawn
    1COOLVX

I watched the clip a few times and frankly speaking, when a cop(s) drag you away and you give the slightest hint of pulling away, you are resisting. Resisting, by most police procedure, is most likely an open window to use restraining force. Lucky for him, I guess, getting tazed and pi55ing yourself is a lot better than getting physically handled. Years ago in my college years, I was "handled" by mutliple police officers for being stupid and I was quite unruly. I showed signs of my unruliness on my body for a week after. A tazer might have saved me all of that, heh. So ya, I say this guy was lucky.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT