Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storage Suggestions ?

Storage Suggestions ?

Has anybody found or made any type of storage box/cubby that fits nicely right behind the front seats?
    With my rear seats pulled, I tend to stick stuff right there in the rear passenger foot wells. However, stuff tends to either roll under the seats, or all the way back to the rear door. And I have nowhere to hide stuff while either out shopping, or working. (I take my work laptop with me a lot and it doesn't quite fit under the seat).
    Something that the gf's pooch could curl up in/on would be nice too.

And for the back...
    without the rear seats, I find it a real challenging experience to make it home from the grocery store without all those bags sliding and flopping around all over.
    I've seen some of them foldable box thingies that would probably work fine for that...I'm more determined to find something for the front of the rear.

Check out Green Dragon's photo gallery. Grandpa Bob had a pretty sweet set up that not only stored a lot of stuff but could also be used to sleep on or would be a great flat platform for the pooches (as long as they are not to tall).
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I found a plastic storage basket at WalMart that's about 81/2 x 121/2", 5" deep (interdesign basket medium). One fits behind each front seat (adjusted all the way back) & is handy for all the whatnot.

My rear storage box design prolly wouldn't be so good, as it's not flat & incorporates an amp, sub, scuba tank & enough tools to do anything short of an engine rebuild.

And yes, I've been known to drag way too much stuff around with me.

Ldub-

I've thought about looking for something like that. WalMart's right across the street from work, guess where I'm going today.
    Do they have lids?

Also...did you say scuba tank??

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    I found a plastic storage basket at WalMart that's about 81/2 x 121/2", 5" deep (interdesign basket medium). One fits behind each front seat (adjusted all the way back) & is handy for all the whatnot.

My rear storage box design prolly wouldn't be so good, as it's not flat & incorporates an amp, sub, scuba tank & enough tools to do anything short of an engine rebuild.

And yes, I've been known to drag way too much stuff around with me.

I saw that a while back, and looked at it again last night...that was VERY cool.

I would only need about a 3rd of that though.
    I'm not opposed to constructing something myself

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
    Check out Green Dragon's photo gallery. Grandpa Bob had a pretty sweet set up that not only stored a lot of stuff but could also be used to sleep on or would be a great flat platform for the pooches (as long as they are not to tall).

I kinda want something like this too. Something that will compactly fit that area so the back of my VX is completely flat, all the way to the hatch. I think the only option would be to make something though....

Bart

Once I get off my lazy arse I plan on building one like green dragons. I want to be able to put my full size spare in there(when I get one) and camping gear and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman
    Ldub-

I've thought about looking for something like that. WalMart's right across the street from work, guess where I'm going today.
    Do they have lids?

Also...did you say scuba tank??
    No, no lids on those...& yes, I carry a 50 cf scuba tank as an off road air source.
    It's come in handy a couple times for airing up tires & running air impact wrenches.

I'll post pics this afternoon.

yea ive been thinking a lot about making the VX completely flat... problem is its such a wierd shape and the floor isnt flat there either, just cant get motivated to start it because i feel like its not gonna look good because getting that strange shape just right will be pretty tough.. and it will limit how much the front seats recline...

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    No, no lids on those...& yes, I carry a 50 cf scuba tank as an off road air source.
    It's come in handy a couple times for airing up tires & running air impact wrenches.

I'll post pics this afternoon.
    Silly me...tryin' to figure, "where the *#@! is this guy in FARGO scuba diving??" First, they're canoeing in Nevada...(who knew?)... Now, Dub's Scuba divin' in the biggest BEAN field, I've ever seen....Damn, I learn something here every day! Nothin' personal Dubs... I've only crossed N.D. once, in 91 or 2. All I can remember is bean fields that ran horizon to horizon, thinking, "God took an iron to this place", around Bismark, and one exceedingly cool place in Theodore Roosevelt Natl. Pk.. Wayne

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    Silly me...tryin' to figure, "where the *#@! is this guy in FARGO scuba diving??" First, they're canoeing in Nevada...(who knew?)... Now, Dub's Scuba divin' in the biggest BEAN field, I've ever seen....Damn, I learn something here every day! Nothin' personal Dubs... I've only crossed N.D. once, in 91 or 2. All I can remember is bean fields that ran horizon to horizon, thinking, "God took an iron to this place", around Bismark, and one exceedingly cool place in Theodore Roosevelt Natl. Pk.. Wayne
    That's right Wayne, one thing we got lots of is FLAT!!!
    Having the land of 10,000 lakes about 45 min. due east, I thought it would be a good idea to drag all my diving gear home from Hawaii back in 93...turns out, the only good thing about lake diving, is not having to rinse the salt outta your gear...
    VERY boring when you're used to 100' vis. & coral reefs full of brightly colored fishies... . Not to mention the occaisional whale shark, white tip, manta ray,etc...but I digress.

Back on topic, here are a couple BAD pics of my box with the lids open & closed...very few trail side repairs that can't be dealt with.

That's a nice set-up there Dub.

So I've been in 2 Walmarts in 2 days and a couple of other places, and nothing yet.
    I suppose building something would yield the best results.

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman
    That's a nice set-up there Dub.

So I've been in 2 Walmarts in 2 days and a couple of other places, and nothing yet.
    I suppose building something would yield the best results.

hmmm
    You're exploring the home storage dept., not the automotive section right?
    There was a plastic CD storage bin that had a lid & fit nicely with the seats all the way back...but I don't have a rear seat, so you're experience may vary.

Wish I had the ambition to build it again...I'd change a couple things...
    but it serves it's intended purpose.
    Last edited by Ldub : 08/24/2007 at 04:47 AM

Smile

I've had a few permutations for storage and tire hauling.

too big - cut it down

Not what I'M looking for, but this might interest others:

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0017996521192a.shtml