Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 50w halogens no good for turn signals?

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    If you're undecided, then the best thing to do would probably be to stick with the standard bulbs. About the only thing you'd gain by swtiching to LEDs is a longer lasting light source. Where you lose is the initial hit to the wallet when you buy the LED bulbs. Personally, if you have functioning lights (i.e. they turn on and flash etc.) then that's all that matters. The LEDs may look cool, and I myself is quilty of it (have LEDs in horns), but it's not a mod that I can see and appreciate as I drive the beast. It's also not a mod that other drivers are alert enough to notice. Those that might are too busy getting whiplash trying to figure out what the VX is as you pass. I'd save the $ for something else... but that's just me.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329

I AM partial to LED light...

... but the 194 replacements I tried in the headlight horns, were definitely NOT bright enough for my liking. Maybe the multiple LED 194 models would work better.

Plus I have the 'port/starboard - red ;pr;/;pg; green' thing going on with the horns, using filament bulbs.

They add just enough yellow light (compared to my Sylvania SilverStar headlamps) so that my bulb colors (which are actually red and blue glass) look off-red and green. If I used the LEDs, they would be too pure in color and I might get pulled over for having them on front of my car.

I think I would have to see LEDs in the tail lights in person to make a better decision. So until then (or a really good sale), I will probably stay stock - for now.