Thread: ABS Code 43 ABS Control Module

ABS Code 43 ABS Control Module

Just left Isuzu Daytona and part is $2600.00!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Indicates Right Front Solenoid contraol and needs ABS Module for ABS.

My ride has 37 K 10 year 100, 000 mile warranty and never has anything that has went wrong been covered. Unless you blow the motor or tranny a warranty is useless......

Arrow

I know I've seen posts here refering to used ABS modules from other cars that will work. Try a search maybe... wrecking yards also have interchange books on hand to find out what other cars have the same ABS.

I know your pain....

My light has been on since I bought the car. No ABS, which means that I must control the brakes... and modulate them accordingly.

Right after I bought my VX and instaled new pads, I drove it for about a week and realized that I could not fix the ABS anytine soon. I decided that I needed to know how the brakes responded in a panic stop so I did just that on a country road at about 50 mph. I just slammed on the brakes to see how they locked up. Fronts first of course, nice and even to the rear. I did that a few times and tried NOT to let it go into a skid. Not so difficult to do. The VX has a pretty nice standard brake system with out ABS.

Just remember to turn on your inner ABS.
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

Bandit, let me throw a theory at you since maybe with your background you can say yea, or pure bull. The ABS system on all vehicles how ever controlled are nothing more then a modulating valve. Brake fliud being a magnet to water, sits in the ABS controller and corrodes the shuttle valve that modulates the brakes, hence all of these ABS lights and expensive controller replacements. Now I have made a habit over the years and taught she who must be obayed to take advantage of dirt roads and or heavy rains or snow and to lock them up and get that ABS controller controlling once a month. I have never (yet) had a ABS issue.

so, yea or pure bull.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

isuzu states Trooper 4x4 Aug 97 to 02 adn 99-01 VX are only ones caopatable???Anyone know differently. I have seen a post mentioning others but part must be specific to GM 897162192-. It is shown in Manual as EHCU page 500 something..

Needs to be a unit that works with 4w disc brakes - thus the trooper and VX. I bought one pulled from a 99 VX for $100 shipped to my house. It was from Pam's Auto Salvage - you should call them:

7505 Ridgewood Rd. St. Cloud, MN 56303
    320-363-0000 | 800-560-7336
    Hours: Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm Central Time

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dino
    I know I've seen posts here refering to used ABS modules from other cars that will work.
    I'd heard that some yards are hesitant to part with an important brake part for liability reasons. I personally haven't tried, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino
    My light has been on since I bought the car. No ABS, which means that I must control the brakes... and modulate them accordingly.
    Exact same situation for me. When I pulled away from the dealer, my ABS worked. But over the next few weeks, the light came on more and more. Now it is stuck on, and I've got the same $3k quote to fix it. I intend to use a scrap part "one of these days". In the meantime, I agree with you that the non-abs braking is really good! I was driving around a windy mountain road at 65mph and went though this whole process:

o What the *&%$ is that?
    o Is that a deer?
    o That IS a deer!
    o I should probably stop.
    o Please stop please stop please stop
    o Uh... what are you lookin' at?!

I never locked up the brakes, but I swear I had the rear wheels off the ground. But I stopped with plenty of space left. And the stupid deer just stood there staring at me.

He was probably thinking, "Never seen one of these before..."

Just checked and Pam's does not have anything that will fit VX or Trooper..Thanks for lead...

Arrow

[QUOTE=rowhard]Bandit, let me throw a theory at you since maybe with your background you can say yea, or pure bull. The ABS system on all vehicles how ever controlled are nothing more then a modulating valve. Brake fliud being a magnet to water, sits in the ABS controller and corrodes the shuttle valve that modulates the brakes, hence all of these ABS lights and expensive controller replacements. Now I have made a habit over the years and taught she who must be obayed to take advantage of dirt roads and or heavy rains or snow and to lock them up and get that ABS controller controlling once a month. I have never (yet) had a ABS issue.

so, yea or pure bull.[/
    QUOTE]

I think it is certainly better on ANY mechanical device to get some use regularly. Any mechanic will tell you, one of the hardest things on a vehicle AND its components is when it just sits and does nothing. As you have stated, water builds up in the fluids and in electrical connections, things sieze and corrode etc. Not good.

I'd agree that anyone with ABS should indeed find a safe spot and slam on the brakes like you mean it once in a while to work those solenoid valves in the control assembly. ( I need one of these BTW... )
    Regular fluid flushes help a whole lot, and that is cheap preventative maintenance. The best kine!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer
    I'd heard that some yards are hesitant to part with an important brake part for liability reasons. I personally haven't tried, yet.

Exact same situation for me. When I pulled away from the dealer, my ABS worked. But over the next few weeks, the light came on more and more. Now it is stuck on, and I've got the same $3k quote to fix it. I intend to use a scrap part "one of these days". In the meantime, I agree with you that the non-abs braking is really good! I was driving around a windy mountain road at 65mph and went though this whole process:

o What the *&%$ is that?
    o Is that a deer?
    o That IS a deer!
    o I should probably stop.
    o Please stop please stop please stop
    o Uh... what are you lookin' at?!

I never locked up the brakes, but I swear I had the rear wheels off the ground. But I stopped with plenty of space left. And the stupid deer just stood there staring at me.

He was probably thinking, "Never seen one of these
    before..."

That is due to a very nicely designed apportioning valve. It determines, mechanicaly, how much pressure gets to each axle.