Thread: 1999 ISUZU Vehicross Night Vision Camera in o, Military Americas....

1999 ISUZU Vehicross Night Vision Camera in o, Military Americas....

1999 ISUZU Vehicross Night Vision Camera in o, Military Americas

Anyone know what the hell this is, I was doing some sniffing around on some junkyard sights and this came up when I did a VX search. Apparently there are like three of them available at three different locations I would assume. I thought the US model never came with a Camera, at least my 99 didn't. Anyone know anything about this?
    99 Ebony Black
    The Jersey Fish
    East Rockaway NY
    NYPD's Finest

I am pretty sure that is an option for the models in japan. That option didn't come to the Americas, if i remember right. weird how they made it here though.
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

If I recall my VX history correctly the camera was included on the Japanese version but was dropped from the American version due to the fact that the camera being used in Japan operates on the same frequency as the emergency channels here. After backing into someone with my VX I opted to purchase a cheapo camera from Pep Boys on sale for $119 and had it installed at a stereo store for $69. It does a very good job and looks good. The only issues are it only show behind when in reverse and cell phone frequencies can mess up reception.

I had a backup camera installed on mine...but mine was pricey close to 1k including installation . It uses infra red so i can see behind me at night...and a drop down LCD screen which my passengers can also watch DVD's on because i installed a CD/dvd player. But I haven't backed up into anything because of it.

Just so you know, all CCD cameras see deep into the infra red. This is how the Sony 'Nite Shot' worked.

No need to buy a special camera.

John C.

hotsauce,
    help me here, a little slow and tired today....what does ccd stand for?? im sure the lightbulb will go off as soon as you answer.........lol

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaVX
    hotsauce,
    help me here, a little slow and tired today....what does ccd stand for?? im sure the lightbulb will go off as soon as you answer.........lol

Council of Caiadians w/ Disabilities.........?

Camouflage, Concealment & Deception...?

Courage the Cowardly Dog...................?

Orrrr...Computer Controlled Display.

Charge-Coupled Device - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge-coupled_device

Basically 99% of all non-film cameras use CCDs as the "film."

"Just so you know, all CCD cameras see deep into the infra red. This is how the Sony 'Nite Shot' worked. No need to buy a special camera."

Careful on speaking in generalities. There are CCD cameras and there are cheap CCD cameras. Not all see deep into the infra red. In fact none of them do. They may see slightly into the infra red if they are low lux. A simple test if you are looking to buy: take your TV remote with you. If you see the LED on the end flash with the camera (you can't with your eye) then the camera is seeing slightly into IR. BUT... that's not what is really important. The low lux cameras are just more sensitive to the light and probably have fairly sophisticated auto leveling circuitry.

If you are interested in true Night Vision, the Army basically uses two different devices: Image Intensifiers (they see the same light as your eye & slightly into the IR - they amplify the available light ~200K times) or true IR which is also known as thermal (these operate in one of two bands 3-5 or 8-12 microns (wavelength of 'light'). You can GOOGLE 'Image Intensifier', 'I2', 'NVG', 'Night Vision', 'Thermal Sight' or any number of things to learn more.

Sorry to highjack the thread. You made the mistake of discussing something I know a little about.

NOt sure about the infra red or under water capabilities of my cheapo camera all I know is I have it mounted on the license plate and my reverse lights provide plenty of light to see when I back up. No need to over do everything when doing modifications

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by circmand
    NOt sure about the infra red or under water capabilities of my cheapo camera all I know is I have it mounted on the license plate and my reverse lights provide plenty of light to see when I back up. No need to over do everything when doing modifications

I like your thinking! Very practical! A+