Thread: harness for switches...

harness for switches...

Made the plunge and bought the tailgate release and foglight switch from St. Charles. How is everyone physically hooking these up on the switch end? A harness is not available according to Merlin- so is it time to break out the dremel & soldering iron? Pins look too close to find any kind of 'clip' that would not short. No go on any junkyards locally with a Trooper or Rodeo intact.

Suggestions?

-gruven
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Hey Tom,

You can get the small, gold spade bits at Autozone that will clip into the spades on the bottom of the switch. There's a wiring diagram on here somewhere...

PS.. you get that email from me with the links?

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

switch harness

Yeah I found some of those spade bits but wasn't sure if it was still a little cramped in there- I guess I'll leave it up to some heat shrink to keep things proper... Already printed out the pinout pattern- now just waiting for a little dose of patience before I start probing dash wires (or for carlymac to have a free night.... ).

I did get the artwork- looks great! Chapter markers are intact and should have a first final burn of the Isuzu Workshop Series on DVD by the end of the week. You should take the honors of a formal introduction for those interested as I don't think switch harness reading will gather much attention- hah!

-gruven

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    WSG (moncha), the site God, is working on a PDF detailing the wiring for these switches. I've been waiting eagerly for it. Not sure how much longer I can wait. Just need the bit about how he hooked up a relay and fuse box to a swtiched source to power all aftermarket accessories. Maybe you guys can give him a friendly prod or two?

Sorry Scott. As you can see... I need the info bad and I don't care if it's in rough form

*** Pin Out Guide Updated ****
    DON'T follow the pin out guide that had I previously put out. It's close but, I had to change it a bit. I'll be out of town for part of the day today but, when I get back, I'll work on it and let you know my results.

Yes Paul I'll be working on the accessory box as well .
    I was very busy with electrical work just prior to Moab and now just need to get all together and post it.
    Last edited by Moncha : 06/01/2003 at 12:21 PM
    Scott / moncha.com