Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggie
    It is possible that the plastic guides on your lift arm track are worn beyond their porpose. most likely the one that has a thin slot that rides the edge of the track. (this is the one that controls vertical alignment) the other guide wraps around the other edge and holds the arm close to the track. You might pull the panel on the other door and compare the wear on the arm guides. I have no fix for these two plastic (nylon) guide pieces. If you cannot make your own, you may have to buy a complete regulator to get those pieces.

Sorry it's not a very good picture.
    Yep same as mine to much play in that spot!.....Just gonna figure a way to fix that little problem of the guides by adding a roller to it or something like that......Just like with the clips I will build somthing rather then buying a replacement so i dont end up with the same problem a year or two down the road!
    Tim
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com

Recevied in the mail today, thanks!

I'll put them in this weekend.

Cool....let me know how they work out for you
    Tim
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com

Worked like a charm! Tilting problem completely solved! I only installed in the passenger door because my driver side doesn't have any problems. Will install in the driver side once it starts going.

Payment has been sent!

Dark- So this cured the tilting problem? My passenger window tilts forward when raising. Would this cure it?

Also how easy is this install and what other parts accesories are needed to complete it?

Thanks.

My window would tilt to the left (looking at the door from inside the car). I would hear a major wind noise inside the cab unless I manually tilted it back.

I used a razor blade to cut it off the existing plastic tabs. After I removed the tabs I found that one had cracked and that's probably why it was tilting. I did not remove the window from the door, I did everything inside it. I then attached the new steel bracket where the plastic clips had been attached. I put in the glue and pushed the window down into the metal bracket. I then slide the window as far to the right (looking at the door from inside the car). I let it dry overnight. It was relatively easy. I've raised/lowered the window about 10 times a day since Sunday so far no problems. This weekend I'm going to check out the bracket and see how the glue is holding up. I'm hoping this is a permanent fix.

The glue & razor blade were the only things I needed. The mounting screws were included with the bracket.

You know, if only a Isuzu engineer was a member of this group and would come out with a permant, factory fix as in recall not to take anything away from the fine work of SBC and Bulldog and the rest of the community. It was a design AFU and should of been fixed by them a long time ago. Anyway SBC, thanks for your work. I don't need them today, but will happily support your talent. paypal sent.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

i will be making my order for both windows soon too.

What kind of glue did you use?

STEVE

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ
    What kind of glue did you use?

STEVE
    I will tell you what i used.........Industrial Grade Hot Glue!!! and its been at or over 110 here in mesa for the last month or more with no problems of the glue giving up! part of the reason that the glue was letting go on the windows was because the plastic tabs would flex and work themselves lose, or they would crack and that would be the cause.

I recieved mine.. my vx is in michigan at the moment.. so now how to figure out how to install

thanks tim
    Jeff

Dunno how did I ever miss this thread!!??

Whipping out the wallet as we speak.

Good looking out Tim!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by quadpod
    I recieved mine.. my vx is in michigan at the moment.. so now how to figure out how to install

thanks tim
    Jeff
    Had i any idea that i would be making these for others when i made mine i would have taken detailed pictures while i was replacing mine and made an install page to send with the kits !!!!! Didnt even know about this forum until after i made my first set. Found this forum then posted what i did to fix my problem...LOL
    on the road at the moment for the next couple weeks so when i get back home i will make up some drawing's of how to replace the clips!!

Thumbs up

WOW..by the time I get my VX ill know were and how to fix most of the issues and mods ..
    Love this Foru m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...