Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

49 each window or 49 for a pair?

Quote Originally Posted by darkl4805
    49 each window or 49 for a pair?
    $49 for the pair...plus new mounting bolts

Thumbs up

Thanks for doing this. Payment sent through PayPal.

Does sending payment always redirect you to Tim parker and thank you for pruchasing AirTribe? Just curious, because I don't own a Motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghachey
    Thanks for doing this. Payment sent through PayPal.

Does sending payment always redirect you to Tim parker and thank you for pruchasing AirTribe? Just curious, because I don't own a Motorcycle.
    Yeah! .....i just added these VX brackets to my AirTribe paypal account.......just easier to get the ball rolling and these brackets out to everyone that needs them.
    Tim
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com

Arrow

Ummmmm I just noticed, there's no vertical adjustment. Remember the trick of getting the front a little higher??? The window tends to drag on the front channel and tilting up it slightly on the front mount helps.

I guess you could just drill out the regulator arm instead...

Just food for thought.

Good for you SBC!

I do all my stuff at work, no garage at home just yet. Soon though, very soon.
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino
    Ummmmm I just noticed, there's no vertical adjustment. Remember the trick of getting the front a little higher??? The window tends to drag on the front channel and tilting up it slightly on the front mount helps.

I guess you could just drill out the regulator arm instead...

Just food for thought.

Good for you SBC!

I do all my stuff at work, no garage at home just yet. Soon though, very soon.
    Read back on all the post's !!!
    i tried the vertical adjustments on mine and it didnt help the tilt problems....
    the brackets im making now have notchs for horizontal adjustments only and enough room for the the buyer to notch it for vertical adjustment if need be...
    Tim

Cool!!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dino

Bart's fix; of tilting the front edge up, to lessen the drag in the front. Is better accomplished by moving the glass to the rear. (horizontaly)
    The glass should stay level to fit the opening.
    Only when the glass tilts down in front when raising, is this adjustment needed.

The binding, pinching rubber, broken tabs, "PLAY", can all be adjusted with the "spacers".

I do have a question about the Nylon pad in the middle of the regulator lift arm. (that the glass should rest on when adjusted properly)
    Will the glass still rest on the middle of the arm
    if there is a bar connecting the window tabs? Or is the bar away from the glass edge? Is this a potential issue? Is there a potental need to "grind" a half moon area in the middle to fit this?
    If you do the "spacer" adjustment so the glass rests on the arm (unbolted) will your window tabs still fit?
    Should members be told to make sure the Connecting bar is glued "away" from the lift arm side of the glass?
    Is the connecting bar a channel?

These questions could all be address by cutting the middle portion out!
    Last edited by Bulldoggie : 07/07/2007 at 12:29 AM

The connecting bar is a C-Channel.
    There are half moon Notchs in the middle ! not on the ones in my pictures as i took those pictures before i did the install into my VX...Before i made a few adjustments to the Brackets ! Like the half moon in the middle and the horizontal notchs...Just didnt take pictures of the final peice cause i couldnt get a good shot of them inside the door...had other work to perform in the shop and needed to pull my car out, so i did the adjustments without taking the windows out completely.
    As far as shims? vertical adjustments? I've read all the threads on these fix's before i took my glass out! I tried every thing that has been discussed and none has help with my tilt problem..(So i cant say by adjusting it vertically or horizontally or with shims will fix the tilt problem).Thats why i left enough Metal to notch out if the end user decides they want to try notching it out more one way or the other !
    The Metal clips i made fit just like the plastic ones except its all one peice as i see that to be more sturdy and more reliable then plastic as it can be glued one full lenght rather then at two seperate points!
    In my case of the tilt problem has nothing to do with the adjustment to my glass...There is to much play at the center point where the window mounts! i will address this problem when i get some time..........I made the metal clips to address the Broken plastic tab problem and the hassel of just replacing them with NEW plastic tabs that will just brake in the future,,,,,,
    I sent out 8 orders yesterday....so im sure by the end of next week we will be getting some feedback on these brackets as to how they are working out in other case's !!!!!!!!!
    Tim

Thumbs up

Tim,
    It is good to hear that you have address my concerns. I think you have done a great job.
    It sounds like the play in your window should be fixed with the washer "spacer" fix. I wish I was close enough to help you with that.

((((I do have a question about the Nylon pad in the middle of the regulator lift arm. (that the glass should rest on when adjusted properly)))))

To answer that question!! Isuzu designed the glass to rest on the center plastic tab because..................There was no other center support for the glass! With the metal Replacements its all one peice, So the glass is supported from one mounting point to the other! The metal bracket is cut out to clear the center plastic tab.

Its just a real pile of dog poo the whole design! and i cant beleive the engineers put that in our VX's and called it good.

The glass should mount one way without any play or binding at all, Shims-Adjustments things like that might cure it for some....might work better for some and not for others.......Its not a 100% fix for all....thats what im after.....something that i can say...HERE this will work for that purpose........Like the Metal clips i made!!! that will cure the problem of the broken plastic ones and the hassel of finding replacement ones that will be plastic when you do find them!!!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggie
    Tim,
    It is good to hear that you have address my concerns. I think you have done a great job.
    It sounds like the play in your window should be fixed with the washer "spacer" fix. I wish I was close enough to help you with that.
    I tried the spacer fix.....still tilts slightly so im not happy.......LOL
    i would like to see the inside of another VX (in Person)and see if it is wearing on the track the same as mine...just to much play in mine! Will get a chance next week to pull it apart again and pull the whole thing out to see what i can do about it...
    Thanks Bulldoggie
    Tim

Talking

Like I said before SBC, we're in the same trade... and I guess our minds are alike because I see the Isuzu regulator the same way you do. IT'S CRAP!!

I have wear on the center alignment nylon parts. Bad design.
    A regulator with guide width of about 1.75" with a moment arm over 16" on three little points of nylon!!!!

To expect that to last more than a year or two without significant wear is nonsense. ALL of mine have hairline fractures in them at seven years old. ALL of the plastic tabs were broken. This was my fix.

So here we are, with all these window problems caused by three points of contact that aren't even close to the form following the function.

I'm also brainstorming a whole new regulator SBC. Should be fun to see how we each solve the problem.

Thumbs up

You guys are awesome to take the time to not only find a fix for a problem we all share but to share your fixes with us including detailed pictures. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by SBC
    I tried the spacer fix.....still tilts slightly so im not happy.......LOL
    i would like to see the inside of another VX (in Person)and see if it is wearing on the track the same as mine...just to much play in mine! Will get a chance next week to pull it apart again and pull the whole thing out to see what i can do about it...
    Thanks Bulldoggie
    Tim
    It is possible that the plastic guides on your lift arm track are worn beyond their porpose. most likely the one that has a thin slot that rides the edge of the track. (this is the one that controls vertical alignment) the other guide wraps around the other edge and holds the arm close to the track. You might pull the panel on the other door and compare the wear on the arm guides. I have no fix for these two plastic (nylon) guide pieces. If you cannot make your own, you may have to buy a complete regulator to get those pieces.

Sorry it's not a very good picture.