Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

I could make more sets up for all those that would like some.....Need to make a jig and get metal then paint them.......
    Time is a factor for me as i dont have alot of it to spare......i see some midnight hours about to be burnt...........Guess i need to take a poll as to the price that sounds reasonable to you guys before i invest any money/time into making these!
    Also.....the inside of the C-Channel has a rough grind on it to grip the window glue! thought about drilling holes when i was making them but decided against it as i wanted glue to push out the sides and onto the glass instead of out and away......I used industrial stregnth hot glue !!!!! seems to be holding just fine so far ! And it has been 110-118 degrees here in mesa the last couple weeks.
    Let me know what you guys think about cost on these??????
    You can email me directly if you wish
    streetboutique@hotmail.com
    Tim
    Last edited by SBC : 07/03/2007 at 02:36 PM

I also need them! Count me in for your "economies of scale" pricing!
    Daniel

Me!

I don't need a pair today, but tomorrow is just around the corner. Count me in if the price is right.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC
    Let me know what you guys think about
    I don't have a clue what fabrication costs run and thus couldn't make you a reasonable offer.

How about you figure out what it would cost to make a batch of various sizes like 10 pieces, 25 pieces and 50 pieces and then tack on how much your time is worth, multiply that all by ~150% to account for unexpected surprises and then let us all know the price point for each size batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren
    I don't have a clue what fabrication costs run and thus couldn't make you a reasonable offer.

How about you figure out what it would cost to make a batch of various sizes like 10 pieces, 25 pieces and 50 pieces and then tack on how much your time is worth, multiply that all by ~150% to account for unexpected surprises and then let us all know the price point for each size batch.
    I charge in my shop $65-75 an hour for fabrication!!! these little brackets take me a little over an hour to make,Cut/Weld/Grind/Paint then cost of steel which isnt that much and i will also need to include new mounting bolts and nuts......
    So going off regular shop rates that would put them at a rather unattractive price to most!
    Just gonna have to take a hit on these as far as hourly wise and just do it at night when i close up shop.....
    I will set the price at $49.00 shipped.....anywhere in the lower 48
    this being a holiday my metal supplier is closed up so all i have for the next couple days in steel is enough to make 4 sets!! Tomorrow i will put up a page on my website so anyone interested could order thru paypal.......
    Tim

Fair. I'm in.

Just wondering, will this also fix the window tilt problem? Am thinking its bulldoggie that fixed the problem with offsetting the hole slightly to change the way it worked. Is that something you have incorporated in this design or is it not a issue.

Soulds fair I'm in for a set!

That's the fundamental question... Does the design address the tilt problem, or could they be modified to allow for adjustments left and right?

If this is a permanent fix, I'm definitely in, and $49.00 shipped is more than fair.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

In for a set! My passenger window sux, and the driver's side is getting wanky.

Let us know about the tilt adjustment factor, too, if you took that into consideration! Thanks for doing this. Nice work!
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

$49! I'm most definitely in!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    Just wondering, will this also fix the window tilt problem? Am thinking its bulldoggie that fixed the problem with offsetting the hole slightly to change the way it worked. Is that something you have incorporated in this design or is it not a issue.
    When i made my first set i punched the mounting holes for Vertiacl Adjustments!!!! It didnt help the tilt problem at all..still tilts slightly!!!! Im working on a solution to the tilting but that will have nothing to do with the clips, the tilt has more to do with the play in the piece that connects to the cable !!! in my case anyways..............There will be holes for Horizontal Adjustments only.
    Tim
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com

Taking Orders for Metal Window Clips

www.streetboutiquecustoms.com
    Taking orders now for the replacement window clips
    Link to the VX page is on my website just below the customergallery.
    These mounting clips are slotted for Horizontal Adjustments.
    Just starting to get these into production for you guys so bare with me please, I will be building these as fast as i can...
    Tim Parker

Tim, I have had a few jar's of kentucky's finest, sooooooooooooooo,... maybe I'm not see your website below the customer's gallery. Anyway, made for horiz. adjustment, that means the tilt problem right? Some are in need right now, so will stay in touch since mine are well lubed, or is it me that is,... not sure right now, but it is the 4th so who gives a hoot.