Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: White smoke from tailpipe

Arrow White smoke from tailpipe

Hi everyone, last week I bought a bottle of seaform engine treatment. I followed the instructions to clean the intake & crankcase. They said there would be some carbon blowing out the tailpipe, but every time I start the engine forthe first couple of minutes white smoke comes out. It's only been a week, will this go away or is something else wrong like maybe an oxigen sensor. It's not black smoke, but almost a blueish white.Has anybody else experinced this?

If you used Sea Foam, it is suggested that you run the VX about 100 miles after treatment, then change oil & oil filter.
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

I drove for about 75 miles that day and change the oil & filter. Sometimes I start her and a little smoke comes out and then sometimes a big cloud but disipates after a few minutes. While driving down the road, or taking off from a stop, no signs of smoking, just when first starting no differance if over night or with in half an hour.

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Take her in and have the compression checked.

White smoke is generally a very bad thing.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

It means they elected a new Pope! You have a "miracle" VX.

How many miles on the engine? Service intervals? Did it smoke before at all? Check for coolant in oil. Why did you do this additive?

if i remember correctly bluish white smoke means there is a coolant leak and ur burning some coolant.
    ________
    needUloveMe2
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 04:04 PM

There is 70K miles on the vehicle, I got her with 57K a year ago.I noticed I was loseing a Quart of oil every 5K miles and read this additive help this problem. No smell of any anti freeze out of tailpipe.I change the oil every 5K miles with Mobil 1. Compression is strong, It seems to run better after the treatment but now have the smoke problem.Don't see any lost anti freeze in over flow.

Smile

Thanks guys for your input, but it seems I only drove 50 miles the first week. The secound week I drove another 100 miles and the smoking went away. It seems it was just the seaform cleaning the rest of the carbon out of intake.Everything works fine, it idles better then before and pick up seems to be much improved. So far two weeks and I don't see any lost in oil.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

Maybe it was a sign of the election of a new pope-mobile.

(Sorry...couldnt resist going there.)
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Question Engine Flush

Whats the general opinion of doing a professional engine flush, such as BG Power Flush Sevice....is the Vehicross engine up to that or will it cause problems

I've also seen white smoke due to moisture in the exhaust system. Quite common around the beach.
    2000 Black VX 105k

permanent white smoke = coolant
    blue smoke = oil
    Black smoke = fuel
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

where do you put the seafoam in? i poured 1/2 bottle into the crankcase like oil... then i know i put the other half into a hose somewhere.. but i dunno which one.. i read its the one on the passenger side of the intake, but which direction? towards the intake or towards the block?

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Good question Etl. I did some SeaFoam in my crankcase a couple months back. I didn't do any in the intake though, because I wasn't sure where to do it. I only drove about 50 miles and then changed my oil and filter. I want to run another half bottle through and drive for about 75 miles before an oil change because I still burn oil. Its really freakin annoying. Anyway, the SeaFoam did not cause me any trouble, but I am not sure if it helped much either. It seems like the oil burning was less for at least a month after I did it, and now it seems "back to its old ways" again. I did just roll over 50,000 miles, so my VX isn't the young lady she used to be anymore either!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    where do you put the seafoam in? i poured 1/2 bottle into the crankcase like oil... then i know i put the other half into a hose somewhere.. but i dunno which one.. i read its the one on the passenger side of the intake, but which direction? towards the intake or towards the block?