View Poll Results: How do you plan to attend the Florida VX Meet?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make reservations at Salt Springs to camp.

0 0%
  • Take a chance on Juniper Springs to camp.

3 60.00%
  • Just visiting for the day.

1 20.00%
  • Attending but staying elsewhere.

1 20.00%

Thread: Florida VX Meet Poll - June 28th

Question Florida VX Meet Poll - June 28th

Two sites look good for the June 28th meet but only one takes reservations. The larger site, Salt Springs Recreation Area has both primitive and RV areas. The primitive area is a short walk to the spring and the park is close to many trail roads. The more scenic site, which is a first-come-first-served site, is Juniper Springs and it also has a spring-fed swimming area. The primitive sites there offer a bit more separation and privacy, which may not lend itself to the VX festivities. This park is located just a tad east of the 19 and 40 intersection and is also close to trail roads. Take a look at the links above for more information and some photos of the parks.

I will be arriving early Friday to set up "base camp" and secure things with the park. Please answer this poll so we can plan accordingly with the chosen park and also get a good headcount of who plans to attend. Please feel free to contact myself or niv_d with any questions.

We're looking forward to this! Juniper Springs looks really nice. I don't see alot of mention of 4X4 trails though (not that they would probably advertise that anyway), but, you sure we'll find good 4X4ing there? I mean, we'll be there never-the-less, but just want to know if I'm going to have to slap some of that fake dirt on the Ironman, or if we'll be finding the real stuff up there.

Scott Swett

Thumbs up

It'll be good to see ya guys again! For those unsure of what the Ocala National Forest has to offer in the way of trail rides, here are just a few pics from the Mosquito County 4X4 Club trail rides page. The forest is criss-crossed with hundreds of miles of forest road, and I'm currently in the process of learning where all the "good" spots are.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I wish I could make it. Ironically, I'll be in Orlando that weekend at eBay Live!

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Hi John,
    We sure will miss you there! Ocala is about 1.5 - 2 hours north of Orlando..... If you'd like to join us for one of the evenings, I'm sure transportation could be arranged by one of the Orlando area VX'ers.
    Niv.

Cool Mid East Tourist in your Town During the Meet

I am going to be in Orlando with my kids that week. Won't have my VX, allready have tickets to fly down, I'd hate to show up without my rig, but I will try to make a cameo between theme parks
    NAVIGATOR

Wink Ummmmm....

...lets go where theres people Get kinda scurred where there not a lot of concrete but im there and rollin up from orlando if anyone gonna be around tha way.....x

Exclamation

All, there is a poll at the beginning of this thread. If you are planning on attending please use the poll as it's there to help plan the meet. Thanks!

BTT;pg;

Hey Joe_Black,

I wanted to let you guys know I can't make the Ocala meet this year due to moving into my new home. Not to mention "If it took a dime to go around the world, I couldn't get out of sight". You know the untold expenses of moving into a new house...mailbox, blinds, hoses and sprinklers for the sod,... I could go on and on here. Hope you guys have a great meet and take lots of pics. I plan on being at the next one...carlymac
    carlymac '99 IRONMAN , #0278, Hendersonville, Tn.

Unhappy

Understood Carlymac! You'll be missed! Maybe you should have a "House Warming" meet? Nah, no tellin' what you'd end up with from this bunch! LOL! In any case, maybe y'all can put together another N. GA meet in the late fall. We had such a great time there, just more need to trail ride next time. Let us know next time you're down this way, there about to open a new OHV park in Mulberry. Just a short hop from the Brooksville area...

Hummmmm, New OHV Park........:homer:

You'll be the first to know the next time I'm in the Dade City area. Again, have a GREAT meet. and pics,pics,pics

Question Late Summer TN/NGA?

Hmm, how about something a bit closer to Tennessee and below the cloud-line? My vote's for the area around Lake Conasauga. I don't know about OHV trails, but there are some pretty gnarly forest service roads to start out on. (even running the asphalt up on in the Cohutta's can be challenging and scenic). *Plus I've a small cabin in nearby Ellijay with a little Class 2 &3 whitewater.

early-mid September? Hmm, Labor Day weekend?
    ...behold a government which to bigotry gives no sanction and to persecution no assistance...
    1790 Geo. Washington

bummer...can't make it

Since I had so much FUN at the last meet, I really wanted to make the drive down to Florida for this one. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will happen. I am busy planning an August move from Columbia, SC to Columbia, MO. Selling home, looking for new one, getting rid of junk, etc is turning out to be one gigantic pita (PainInthe A**).

Since you saw him last, my old dog Bennie does NOT limp anymore. I give him a glusosamine pill for old-dog arthritis and it really seems to help. He has lost most of his hearing during the last two months. 91 dog years is taking its toll.

Scullcap, I'm having REAL trouble finding the purple/grape smelling cladding cleaning stuff. It appears it hasn't made it into the stores of Columbia, SC yet. Perhaps I'll buy it online.

Lori

Lori, you and the pooches will be missed. Much luck on the home hunting/selling. Careful what you stuff your PITA with! At least you'll be able to remember the city real easy! As for the purple stuff (Meguiars Endurance) we hit three different AutoZones before we found any. It works real well, but as the guys said it takes about two applications.