Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: magnetic bra

magnetic bra

ive been in contact with Bob Lefevre of magnetbra.com about getting a magnetic bra made for the VX, he said that he has a design for it that has not been tested for a perfect fit, he said if any trimming is needed, it will be less than 1/8" and able to be done with scissors.. he also said a discount may be available on a group buy, depending on the size of the group, retail is $50 plus $10 shipping, but that $10 will cover shipping of up to 3 bras.. anyone interested? here is a pic he sent me...
    Last edited by etlsport : 05/31/2007 at 07:58 PM

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

I like it ALOT!!!!
    now, the question......what kind of price are we looking at???
    it would be nice if there were little "triangles" to go from headlights down the side to the cladding, but cant have everything.
    i wonder if the lower leading edge has a "hooked edge" to hook under the front of the hood, or is it just a str8 edge.
    anyway, i think that what is in the picture looks great.
    i would be interested if the price is close to right..........
    david

here is what he sent me about pricing...

"The retail price of the bra is $49.95 and shipping is $10.95. I can ship up to three bras together for no additional shipping charge (to US addresses). If you were to organize a group buy I could discount the bras. The size of the discount would depend on the number of orders. Orders received by 11:00 AM Pacific time are shipped the same day and shipping time is about 3 days. Regarding trimming the bras, it may not even be necessary. I just haven't had a chance to check it."

im sure if i (we) asked about those triangles he would either try to make one, or sell some of the material so we could make one..

the reason i want it is that i dont really like the look of a bra.. but want the protection of it, so during long trips (once every 2-3 weeks for me) i can slap it on to protect and during offroad outings as well
    Last edited by etlsport : 05/31/2007 at 11:19 PM

Thumbs up

I would be willing to get one as the price seems fair and shipping is also fair.
    I also like what Bim did with his spray-on bra, looks sharp. Let me know when we need to place an order, hopefully next week (next paycheck). Thanks

Hey Bra...nice find!

If it FITS, I could be persuaded to join in on the group buy. My old '99 already has a few rock chips, so I could now

1) hide them behind the bra, and
    2) prevent NEW dings.

Um...if it FITS.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

ill be purchasing mine tomorrow i believe.. according to him it should be here by mid week next week for the test fit.. if all goes well i can still arrange the group buy, or i can pass along the info so someone else can.. after all.. mine will already be installed

I'm in if the pix clicker says it FITS and Bob Barker says the Price is Right. Hell, I'm in if I can find my good scissors.
    thankyouthankyouverymuch

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    the reason i want it is that i dont really like the look of a bra.. but want the protection of it, so during long trips (once every 2-3 weeks for me) i can slap it on to protect and during offroad outings as well
    For ~$50/60, hopefully less...and for the same purpose you mention, I would most likely get one.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone here to look into the magnet bra.I posted about this over three years ago.I had the bra material shipped to me in a large piece and cut the shape out and sent it back for them to make their template.I wanted enough material to cover past the headlights.The trim is like a black windlace material from the interior of cars.Trimming is easily done with scissors if needed.They told me that being the Vehicross is such a limited vehicle they couldn't find a hood to make a their own template there.No problem though.One nice investment for the money.

Hey, yo....even though I just sprayed on a bedliner bra, I would be interested in having one of these on hand for my next/other vx.....keep me posted, and if a group buy pops up, PM me.

Bim

Im down for a group buy especially if they come with a piece for the fenders.....

mine is ordered. should be here mid week next week so i will let ya'll know how it fits and get lots of photos

I would say that is an awsome price, and yeah, i would be wanting some extra material for the sides.

I am curious though, does the back of the mag. bra have any "felty, or soft" backing to it? or is it just bare magnet sheet??? hmmm....im sure if it didnt, i could come up with something. im not trying to tear down the product....i think its a great idea, and product. just wouldnt want to scratch the paint trying to adjust the bra's "fit" when putting it on......im sure you will address this isssue when you get yours.
    im starting to wonder if i ever did own a vx, i keep pinching myself, and the bank keeps sending me bills for one, but i havent drove it for over 2 months, but this would be on my list as first thing to do when i do get it back.

Bim, now you can use the magnet bra, so your spray on bra wont get any chips....

david

Let us know, Etl. If it fits good, I'm down for one also. I have so many rock chips and it would be nice to avoid getting more.

Bart