Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: magnetic bra

That's the first Vehicross bra other than the spray on that I have liked the look of. I may be interested. Even though mine is black and the bra will barely show, I still want to see pics of it from the same front view as shown, but from farther away. Then I will decide for sure. Then if I decide to get it I will probably have to wait on money as usual. heheh
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

im liking this company more and more.. the bra arrived today already... i ordered friday

my initial impressions... the U channel is deeper than it looks on the site, i think it will be a pretty good security feature..

the material is pretty heavy duty.. feels lilke itll be good protection... no felt backing or anything, im not sure what the material is, but its not just a magnet laying on the VX, also theres a disclaimer on the instructions saying that these have been around for 30 years and will not damage the paint etc etc...

its OK to wax/buff the bra with the rest of the car.. before you install you are supposed to wax the hood though.. so it doesnt look like ill get to install this before tomorrow since my g/f has the VX today (ive got her windshield wipers in my shop drying after painting yesterday) plus its raining

the way they are held on, i dont think it would be possible to do the sides without them flying off

so far this is looking like an awesome investment
    Last edited by etlsport : 06/04/2007 at 08:37 AM

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

You can mark down one more for the group buy. I'll keep an eye on this thread for the when & how.

Have you seen one in white? any pics?
    I'm wondering how close of a match it would be with the Victory...

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    you can order them in white or black.. i think i remember seeing their "new" material is paintable, but they dont do it as far as i know

I am deff in for one it if fits.

thats all ive got

sweet.
    that looks good enough for road trips.

then again, black goes with everything...

Thanks, Sport

ok.. so who ACTUALLY thought id be able to wait til tomorrow to try the thing on? you were WRONG no way i was gonna be able to wait.. haha my girlfriend brought the VX home, i ran out, gave her a quick kiss and almost knocked her over tryin to get to the hood release so i could put it on... at first i was like OH NO cause there were lots of air bubbles and a generally awful fit... then i stopped worrying about overhang in the front because the instructions say its okay to roll it around then use the trim to hold it... which i did.. and before i knew it.. presto.. it fit wonderfully.. only complaint i have is that the trim piece they provide was like 1" too short, it makes it kinda difficult to finish it, and you cant really cut corners because if you do the trim will hit other body panels.. take note around the headlight area, i dont have headlight gaskets, those who do will have to take extra care to get it put on nice and tight to not interfere with them
    overall impressions

i like the finish.. very nice satin finish
    looks very smooth, only rough spots on mine are over two rock chips that started to rust and i havent had time to touch up, so they bubbled a bit, you can see those pushing through the bra
    it sits nice and firmly, doesnt slide around, while trying to adjust for a good fit, i couldnt slide the bra around without taking about 60% of it up first
    it wiped clean with just a microfiber cloth, no more finger prints or dirt (threw some on and wiped it off to see LOL
    if someone really wants it.. they can take it... but it will be a pain
    really easy to take off once the hood is popped.. the second time i put it on, it took me about 5 minutes, so its possible you could take it off and put it back on only for road trips/offroading, just remember you need to wax the hood before you put it on.. any other questions just ask, anyone interested in the group buy please send me a pm with your email address and i will send email updates about progress.. overall i would give the bra a B+/A- simply because of the trim piece length being short, other than that i have no complaints at all.. worth the money for sure even before ive given it the road test

all the photos can be seen here....
    http://community.webshots.com/album/559314718WjQMzn
    ...and here are the highlights

with a longer trim piece (which i will request) the part above the passenger headlight will not stick up

I am in on group let me no when and where and how ? LOL

Thumbs up

Yep me likey! I want one in black and one in white! Let me know when you are putting the group order in.

I'm down. Count me in on a group buy. I'm sending you a PM now.

Just thinking ahead...do you think these will be available for some time from now? I'm finding that VX parts are getting harder to find and just in case (knock on wood) that I get into an accident I certainly would want to replace this. Would you think they will be available for at least a couple of years?

I'm definitely down for one!

Thanks
    ---------

Ty

yea i think they will be around.. the guy mentioned he had been in business for 30 years... and when i emailed him he told me that it had been like 2 years since he made one for the VX but still had a pattern for it, so i feel pretty good that they will be readily available for at least a few more years

looks pretty good. I wonder how it would be looking in white on Ironman or should i get black ugh i dont know but im deffintly in for 1

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

That looks very good.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Eric, when we getting together again? I wanna see this thing up close :_drool: ... maybe even try it on...

Okay, that just sounds weird - one guy asking another guy to try his bra on... ROFL

~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets