Thread: Firefox or Foxfire?

Firefox or Foxfire?

I use the Firefox moniker because I like the sound of that name better. Also, it brings back all sorts of "warm and fuzzy" memories for me as I look back on how I single-handedly won the cold war. Ok, that isn't true, but I made my contribution no matter how small ;-). Besides, there is just something about that movie and Eastwood kicking some Commie butt that I look back on fondly. The dogfight scenes were a bit hokey, but I love it nevertheless and call me crazy, but I watch it at least once a year. ;-)

However, I have seen both nicknames used. Generally, most use the Foxfire name, but I see in several of your call signs, as well as in some of the merchandise offered through the site, that Firefox is used.

Appropriate name? Does it really matter?
    DeepSilentComplete :coolr:

He postulated that cognitive simulacra might one day approximate component models of the psyche.

OMG

....ummm....never heard of the Eastwood/Commie thing, but Firefox is a nice open-source web browser. Must be a generational thing.

Bim

1) Firefox: Halfway decent Clint Eastwood movie about a top-secret figther jet that could be partially controlled by telepathy.

1.5) Firefox: Halfway decent web browser. Good for opening pages that Safari can't handle.

2) Foxfire Red Mica: Really cool VX color.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

haha. i loved that movie as a kid!

The MiG-31 Firefox

OK, fine. I'm renting it!!!!

Bim

Kewl! Love the picture! Thanks. Click the image below to see something a bit more realistic.

And I agree, the movie was a half-decent attempt at a fairly interesting concept. There was a follow-on book by Craig Thomas, Firefox Down, that never made it to the big screen. I wondered if they would someday make a movie, but the first one was probably forgettable. I expect so was the second. Ah well...

Every time I see or hear "Foxfire" I can't help but recall the book series that popularized the philosophy of simple living and creative self-sufficiency built around basic values in Southern Appalachia in the 60's.

Somehow it just doesn't fit my view of my VX. So, my VX remains a Firefox.