Thread: Ldub - "the dude"

Talking Ldub - "the dude"

I gotta say Ldub, the trails would not have been nearly as fun without ya !
    (nor the nightly wind down )

I thought I'd post some pics of ya where you're not sideways.

You finally put your co-pilot's glasses on after the "incident"

Your solution to the VX blind spot in the driver's mirror is unique:

and your way of "chasing women" is also unique:

Your "Fat Guy Ballast" is much appreciated on the trails

And if it did come to a vote, I'd agree, you should win the "Toughest Looking VX" award - battle scars and all!

I can't wait till next year!!!!!!

CHEERS DUDE!

Talking

I love you big bro!!!!!! I miss you and can't wait til next year!!! Big Hugz for you!!!

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

here here!

here! here!

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

OK, OK, I'm an admirer too. Just don't tell the ladies.

Happy to be on your band wagon, Larry!

Bim

"Pull over by that next boulder and get out! This VX is now MINE!" - Ldub

Dub just can't get enough of the VX that he had to try to jack some other owner for his, hahaha.

Congrats on your fan appreciation Dubs! Looked like a ton of fun out there.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I have to jump on the Ldub bandwagon too. You always seem to be there to help out in any way that you can, and you're a blast to hang out with.

You definitely have the toughest looking VX out there (my little girl only aspires to reach the gnarlyness of yours), and you really use it to it's fullest potential; always picking an alternate line just to see if you can do it. Actually one of my Moab stories was being behind you on one of the last obstacles on Hell's Revenge waiting our turn for the person in front of you to go, when you leaned out of your window and told me NOT to follow your line. The line you picked was a little rough, but you made it over with no problems. I took your advice, though, and didn't follow your line, much to the joy of my skid plate.

Keep on truckin'.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Word! You made me laugh Ldub! Good stuff! Good times!

Bart

Thumbs up Oh yeah!

You ARE the man! Very cool seeing you again, and (if I haven't said it lately) I am so glad to be on the "short list"...

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Go Dub... it's your birthday... get your game on... go play...

I like how you use your "new" mirror!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Thumbs up

Let's hear it for LDUB! If there's a hero out in Moab, you're it. You left a big impression with me at ZUZU IX (we talked about it). You didn't disappoint this year. I look forward to hooking up next year.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

I love that blind spot solution. heheh. Nice pictures Kenny.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Red face Awwww shucks...a bandwagon ???

I didn't even see this post when I first scrolled through the 97? new posts that accumulated while in Moab...sheesh, c'mon you guys (& dolls), yer gonna give me a massive melon.

Reading this made my poor & VERY road weary man self laugh & cry all at the same time. Thank You !

Seriously, you all are too much, a finer group of friends is not in the realm of possibility. After last year, I couldn't imagine having more fun...but I was wrong again.

Jim & I made it home (to my place) about 6:00 pm & he's got another hour + to go.
    We had a relatively incedent free journey, highlighted by a broken alternator belt on Jim's Troop somewhere in Colo. or Wyo.
    Of course it was raining & the sky was threatening to strike us both down dead with lightning bolts, but we "endeavored to persevere" & got it together.
    Note to EVERYONE...don't leave home without spare belts, hoses, heater hose & vacuum hoses...very cheap insurance.
    I'll post pics & stuff later or in the coming days, right now I've gotta call & see if Jim made it home OK.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have a group like you all to call my friends.
    ( And no, that's NOT the second beer talkin'! )

That's good you made it home safe Dubster. And thanks for that extra pitcher on Tuesday night

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    I didn't even see this post when I first scrolled through the 97? new posts that accumulated while in Moab...sheesh, c'mon you guys (& dolls), yer gonna give me a massive melon.

Reading this made my poor & VERY road weary man self laugh & cry all at the same time. Thank You !

Seriously, you all are too much, a finer group of friends is not in the realm of possibility. After last year, I couldn't imagine having more fun...but I was wrong again.

Jim & I made it home (to my place) about 6:00 pm & he's got another hour + to go.
    We had a relatively incedent free journey, highlighted by a broken alternator belt on Jim's Troop somewhere in Colo. or Wyo.
    Of course it was raining & the sky was threatening to strike us both down dead with lightning bolts, but we "endeavored to persevere" & got it together.
    Note to EVERYONE...don't leave home without spare belts, hoses, heater hose & vacuum hoses...very cheap insurance.
    I'll post pics & stuff later or in the coming days, right now I've gotta call & see if Jim made it home OK.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have a group like you all to call my friends.
    ( And no, that's NOT the second beer talkin'! )