Steel Bender... and had a great week!

I am in Denver at my cousins' place for a few days, so it will be a while 'til I post any pics. However, a couple of the pics of Larry's VX having a rough go at a hot tub came from my buddy Rich (who had a blast & enjoyed meeting everyone) because Tone burned CDs off of everybody's cards so there may be posts of all the best shots before I even get home.

Moab is a BLAST!!! I did not know how much I missed it until I got there and got on the trails. My 3rd time in Moab, and it just keeps getting better! I loved seeing old friends, meeting new friends (and putting faces to screen-names), re-doing some of my favorite trails, trying new trails, and the dinners & partying... awesome!!!

I started the week on Monday with Steel Bender... following Steve & Joe in a lifted & locked 2-door Trooper and Kasia & John in her lifted & locked VX (thank God for skidplates!!!). John said that was how they knew I was still tagging along... all the scraping & banging noises behind them. I had sworn off any trail called "Steel Bender", "Metal Masher", "Carnage Carnival", etc., but it really wasn't that bad (and nothing a couple of inches of lift would have helped keep my skidplates/hitch/tow points off the rocks). The only breakage was the red plastic light cover I had in the hitch. Now... they say Kasia repeatedly told me to remove it, but I don't function well before noon so I must have missed the warnings... d'oh! I scrawled "Steel Bender" into the dirt on my hood, my buddy wrote "I survived" on the hood insert, and we wrote the other trail names (among other things) in the dirt at the end of every trail. Good times!

The run to Elephant Hill on day 2 was great for 3 reasons... I had never done it before, there were most all the VXes in attendance, and the scenery is amazing. Very cool trail.

Wednesday's trip to Hell's Revenge ROCKED (except for the tip-over)! A bunch of us did the hot tub even after seeing Larry's on it's side because there was NO WAY we were going to have it be in vain. The steep climbs & decents on the slickrock is such a thrill! Seeing Butters (oops... I meant Biju) try Hell's Gate was good fun durring our lunch break, and he never even needed that strap we had attatched... just in case.

Day 4... Fins 'N Things. One of my favs, and a great trail to wrap up my week of wheelin' in Moab. Wicked fun day!

Some of the guys & gals had lift. Some had rock-sliders, or extra skidplates. Some owners came out with thiers bone-stock (well done Cece!)... the VehiCROSS can take on these trails (and more). Come out next year and see for yourself. I'll be there!