Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moab...moab...moab...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking Moab...moab...moab...

Moab excitement building with every passing second.
    Put the final coat of wax on the ol' girl last night... , of course it's raining today
    Can't wait to get on the road tomorrow morning & see all you "Moabites" in a few.
    Spending today getting my poop in a group, then loading it all in.

Everyone travel safely !

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    yes indeed! safe travels dub/all!!!

See you soon.

-b.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Ldub you have GOT to cut that out. I can barely sit still as it is and you go talking about taking off for Moab tomorrow. I have to get through the whole weekend before I can meet up with you guys in Glenwood Springs. Luckily my time will be taken up with washing, waxing, and possibly a fog light install.

Everyone be safe out there. Looking forward to the big meet and greet.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Yes kids!

See you there! I leave before the chickens wake tommorrow, and I will be on the look out for VXes once I get to Moab Sunday!

Bart

I should be there on Sunday also! probably in the afternoon. We should hike on Monday before everything gets going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

My plan for Monday is to drive out to Dead Horse Point State Park and wheel/hike that area. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome! Just PM me with your cel digits and I will do the same so we can contact eachother once in Moab. I will be staying at the Gonzo.

Bart

I am just flying by the seat of my pants right now. I just finished putting the VX back together (well except for those 2 screws I lost ). Next is a bank run, oil change, and last second pack session! I should hit the road for Glenwood Springs by 2:00 today! I will see some of you guys there and the rest in Moab! If we do things right Monday night, we won't care where we pass out!!!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Is there a plan for Monday night? People drinking anywhere special?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    I am just flying by the seat of my pants right now. I just finished putting the VX back together (well except for those 2 screws I lost ). Next is a bank run, oil change, and last second pack session! I should hit the road for Glenwood Springs by 2:00 today! I will see some of you guys there and the rest in Moab! If we do things right Monday night, we won't care where we pass out!!!

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    bart,

i've got your number. i'll give you a ring as we roll into town. anyone else? drop me a pm w/ your digits and i'll try to communicate what I know when I know it...

everybody else pretty much tries to do the same.

otherwise - just stroll through town and look for all the pretty futuristic looking whips!!!

--biju.

Cool! Its going to be fun playing "I spy" in Moab for VXes!

T - 15 hours to departure!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by biju
    bart,

i've got your number. i'll give you a ring as we roll into town. anyone else? drop me a pm w/ your digits and i'll try to communicate what I know when I know it...

everybody else pretty much tries to do the same.

otherwise - just stroll through town and look for all the pretty futuristic looking whips!!!

--biju.

Thumbs up Well, better start getting ready...

Yes, like Larry, I too am a gold-medalist procrastinator. MWIOR VXers should all be causing trouble starting on Sunday, but can't wait to see all y'all (gotta start saying that for my Texan friends). See all y'all soon!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Smile

As you can see by the time, I kinda put off packing too. I'm leaving Big "D" at 5:00 a.m. sharp Saturday morning. I just hope I can sleep. This is how I felt as a kid waiting for Santa.

Everyone have a safe trip and I'll meet up with everyone at Elephant Hill on Tuesday.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying
    As you can see by the time, I kinda put off packing too. I'm leaving Big "D" at 5:00 a.m. sharp Saturday morning. I just hope I can sleep. This is how I felt as a kid waiting for Santa.

Everyone have a safe trip and I'll meet up with everyone at Elephant Hill on Tuesday.

Peace.
    Tom
    Pack?
    OH CRAP, I knew I forgot something!!!

drive safe.
    Larry, keep in touch Sunday night...

Thumbs up

I'm getting to Moab on Sunday, and staying at the pet-friendly Sleep Inn motel. I'm there from the 13th until the 16th.

I didn't know it was going to be 95 degrees when I made these plans. My two dogs are panting already just at the thought of it. They're a northen breed, with thick double coats. Nice.

I'm still updating the photo travelogue of the 2007 Journey to Moab in this thread:

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...threadid=11084

Just two more days until Moab photos!!!
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

For us that can't make it..take plenty of pic's. Should be a very good chance for some 08 Calander pic's.. HAVE FUN ALL ! !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"