Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My Version of Painted Cladding and Stuff.

Thanks for the compliments! The cladding is holding up well so far excluding the graying that occurred - I think it happened because of the sun shining on the surface when I painted it. Every piece I sprayed in the shade stayed black this whole time but the parts that I painted in direct sunlight, they grayed out. Don't know how else to explain it...
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Thanks for the compliments! The cladding is holding up well so far excluding the graying that occurred - I think it happened because of the sun shining on the surface when I painted it. Every piece I sprayed in the shade stayed black this whole time but the parts that I painted in direct sunlight, they grayed out. Don't know how else to explain it...
    So have you still had issues with it fading?

Oops! Sorry man, almost missed your post. The fading is not too bad actually - during the summer it seems to dry out and fade some but during the winter it has held up fairly nicely. I still treat it with a chemical but it lasts longer than it did on bare cladding so I don't have to apply stuff as often as before, but it does need it after awhile. I am not sure I would recommend it yet or not to be honest. I really like the look of it but I just wish it would stay black.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Oops! Sorry man, almost missed your post. The fading is not too bad actually - during the summer it seems to dry out and fade some but during the winter it has held up fairly nicely. I still treat it with a chemical but it lasts longer than it did on bare cladding so I don't have to apply stuff as often as before, but it does need it after awhile. I am not sure I would recommend it yet or not to be honest. I really like the look of it but I just wish it would stay black.
    I am not sure if I am gonna paint or liner my cladding yet. Definately gonna use the liner spray for my insert though, I would like it to match the texture of the cladding. Plug Beau did his and I like the way it came out.