I liked Idaho more than I expected. I was listening to an audiobook on my stereo...John Steinbeck's "Travels With Charley", which is his non-fiction account of a road trip he took across America with his dog, Charley. I thought that would be appropriate under the circumstances.

My first stop was in a town called Mountain Home. I liked the feel of it immediately. Here's a quick shot:

The dogs needed a walk, so I went to a large, grassy park and let them out for awhile. I was immediately surrounded by three lovely women, all of whom were in love with my dogs and my VX. Which left me wondering: what if I'd been at the park WITHOUT dogs or VXs? Any love left for me???

I'll never know.

After that nice break, we continued down to Twin Falls, which also impressed me with its beauty. I honestly had no idea that Idaho had so much pretty scenery! Here's the VX at sunset:

And here's a shot that reminded me of the Devil's Tower scenes in the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind":

Okay, that was a stretch. Anyway. Twin Falls ended up being a popular place for Russian and Bosnian refugees. There's probably a good reason why they ended up there, specifically. But it seemed like every other person I met was from Russia. That means that the women are all tall, slender and gorgeous, and the men are short and pissed-off-looking.

Here's one last glamour shot, just for fun. Don't look too closely or you'll see lots of bug guts:

If you ever visit Twin Falls, be sure to stop at a coffee house called "Java". It had GREAT espresso (which is a huge compliment, coming from a Seattleite). It also has incredible breakfasts. And to me, breakfast ranks up there as one of the top three meals of the day!