Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VX Accessory Q's: ANY help is welcome :)

VX Accessory Q's: ANY help is welcome :)

Any input on some q's would be greatly appreciated.

Wind/Rain Deflectors
    I have seen photos of a particular deflector that I think may be the OEM version (http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/VX_Mod...ctors_600.jpg). I am having an extremely hard time finding a pair. Does anyone know where I can find some? I am aware of the WeatherTechs but have not seen a photo of them installed on a VX. Does anyone have a pic of weathertechs on a VX?

Moonroof/Glass Roof
    I've seen a few moonroofs that look great but wanted to know if anyone has installed a glass roof (or a section of it). For example, instead of a basic square-shaped moonroof, installing a long skylight that would start where a moonroof normally starts but ends up over the back seats.

Pedal Cover Set, Shift Knobs Replacement
    I was looking at the new Momo Atomik set (http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/s...productid=134). I think the E-brake cover and shift knob (for 4x4) will work however am not sure if I can use these pedals. They are for manual transmission and am not sure if they could be retrofitted to work. If not then I will still use the E-brake cover and shift knob but use another Momo set for pedals (http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-6998.cfm). Does anyone know if the manual pedals would work or would I have to use the automatic version? By the way I'm thinking of these new floor plates to match (http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/mogrt2flma.html). Since I have a proton I think this new Atomik set will look pretty good.

Dash Mod
    This mod looks great (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=dash+mod). Has anyone else tried it or something similar? Can the colors of the AC knobs/buttons also be changed or am I stuck with green?

CF Stuff
    I have PM'd and emailed Dutchie about any CF accessories he still has available such as the CF Door Skuff Plates, CF Half Moon (for tailgate/rear door), CF brake light covers and a CF Hood Insert (if it is even available). I haven't hard back yet but wanted to know if anyone has any of these or other items like them? Are they good quality and problem/troublefree? They look great although a bit pricey...

Onboard Computer with Touch Screen
    By the way, I found this article that I think some may find interesting. It is a simplified version of what others have done. I will go this route however instead of mounting the LCD I will install it in the dash.
    http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how20/d...cbccdrcrd.html

Thanks for any input
    ---------

Ty

Broken Links

I'm not sure what happened but several links don't work. I'll try again:

Wind Deflectors Link
    http://www.wildtoys.com/vehicross/VX...ectors_600.jpg

Momo Atomik Set Link
    http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/s...&productid=134

Momo Floor Plates Link
    http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/mogrt2flma.html

All other links seem to work. My bad ....

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo
    Does anyone know where I can find some? I am aware of the WeatherTechs but have not seen a photo of them installed on a VX. Does anyone have a pic of weathertechs on a VX?
    You'd never find a new set of the OEM's, even if you went to Japan. A few sets got over here thru a contact in Japan years ago. Your only chance is if someone over there or here wanted to sell a used set. Forget about it.

The WeatherTechs are lightly tinted and real nice.

Mark

Hey dude,

Check my gallery. My VX is sporting the Weathertech rain guards. All I can say is, go to their website and buy a pair NOW. I don't think these will be available from them forever, and these are (imho) the absolute best rain guards you can buy and totally worth the moneh. They fit in by tension and do not use any adhesive or anything. They looks sweet and work well in the rain so you can have yer winder cracked.

Also, see my website link below for some close ups of the rain guards on my VX.

Bart

BTW, the Atomic set would look sweet on a Proton. If I had a Prot, I would for sure deck it out as a radioactive VX. I can just see it, a giant radiation symbol on the hood insert, custom plates that say "NUCLEAR". AR Teflon Mojave's....oh yeah. Do it up dude!

Bart

i think manual pedals would fit fine on the VX simply because the vx brake pedal is so freakin tiny.. .ive actually had a lot of trouble finding automatic brake pedals that fit on the vx

ive also got a few shots of the weathertech rain guards on my vx in my gallery, they are a very nice install especially when youve got tinted windows, i would def. recommend getting them from weathertech and not from a random online seller, i ordered mine from ebay and the passenger side one was a little defective, nothing a dremel couldnt fix, but still, i wouldve sent it back and gotten a replacement if i had ordered from them

i dont think that a larger moonroof/glass roof would be possible, the VX has a stuctural member that goes across the roof just behind the doors, i dont think you would want to cut through that, if you search other peoples galleries/posts for dynamat photos you will be able to see them

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Another WeatherTech Wind Deflector here. One of my favorite mods for sure.

WeatherTech

OK, I'm sold. I just ordered the WeatherTechs. Can anyone chime in on the other questions I had?

Thanks for ALL of your help gang

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    "Manual pedals"? Am I the only one who thinks that's a little funny?

So the wind deflectors do a good job? I almost never drive with the windows open because the wind blasts me in the head (my enormous cranium being so close to the window).

I ordered the WeatherTechs too.

thanks for the advice.

nfpgasmask,

WOW, this is exactly what my plans are. I do have a Proton and I hope it will turn out as good as we both think it will. Thanks amigo

I hope this will be original but even if it's not oh well, I think it will still be a good theme for a Proton....Radioactive

I have some decals on the way in addition to the Atomik Kit. Unfortunately Momo does NOT make an automatic version of the Atomik Kit which is the reason I asked if the manual pedals would work. If they won't (and I'm waiting to see if there are any other comments on this) then I have a back up plan to use the Grand Prix automatic pedal kit.

Thanks for your input

Thumbs up

Awesome! I can't wait to see the end product! Are you going to go with the AR Teflon Mojaves? Those rims would look sooo sweet on a Proton!

Heres a link for a nice rear window decal too:

ebay

Rock on dude.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo
    nfpgasmask,

WOW, this is exactly what my plans are. I do have a Proton and I hope it will turn out as good as we both think it will. Thanks amigo

I hope this will be original but even if it's not oh well, I think it will still be a good theme for a Proton....Radioactive

I have some decals on the way in addition to the Atomik Kit. Unfortunately Momo does NOT make an automatic version of the Atomik Kit which is the reason I asked if the manual pedals would work. If they won't (and I'm waiting to see if there are any other comments on this) then I have a back up plan to use the Grand Prix automatic pedal kit.

Thanks for your input

Hmmm, I never really thought of them as wind deflectors, more rain guards for me. This way you can crack your window like 2"s and no water will flow in. I suppose they do block the wind a bit too....either way, a must have for any VX, imho.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ
    "Manual pedals"? Am I the only one who thinks that's a little funny?

So the wind deflectors do a good job? I almost never drive with the windows open because the wind blasts me in the head (my enormous cranium being so close to the window).

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    I don't smoke in cars anymore, so I pretty much never open the windows when it's raining. I do like to open them when the weather is nice (e.g., TODAY!) but I get such a blast of wind on the left side of my face that it's just not worth it. Oh, and it's too loud with them open, too.

Anyhoo... I'll buy a set on all of these strong recommendations and see if they help.
    Last edited by VehiGAZ : 04/20/2007 at 01:19 PM Reason: tpyign porlbems

Bart,

VERY weird you sent that link. I JUST bought 2 of those with the ONLY difference being the color. I found them in yellow but other than that, they are identical even the size.

Great minds think alike....or maybe we are distant bros somewhere down the line and we don't know it yet ...

LOL

Thanks, since we seem to be on a similar wavelength, any other suggestions just let me know... I'm down to trick this thing out (as long as I have the $$). It makes a huge difference now that I'm single

Ty