Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $500 ? ? ?

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan
    biju: I'll drop by his shop in next couple days and see how his workload is and get you a rough estimate. You said you have the front and rear skids,,Right??
    Also he has his own paint mixing system but just in case some colors are more $$$ what color will you be going with, Proton, Silver ?? And I know price was good because I had the hard part done (220/400 prep).

I'll p.m. you when I get the info...

Steve
    steve: thank so much. i'm favoring a dark silver/gray color (possibly 'anthracite met' gray - the same on my old axiom). i'd like the skids to match my sliders which will be just lighter than black, darker than traditional silver. (again, more like a darker gray/silver - say... somewhere in between the color of yours and solid black).

i don't want the skids to 'pop' or grab your attention as much as i'd like them to compliment the vx and other accessories.

make sense?

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

dang you dub, what with your rapid dibbing and all. ::shakes fist::

as far as linex goes...dont. Skid plates get hit...a lot...that is why they are called skid plates. Any professional shop will tell you that if they shoot that stuff on plastic it will hold up well...until it gets smacked, then it will peel off in chunks. And as far as cheaper goes, I doubt it. I had my fender flares and quarter panels sprayed on my colorado, see pics, and it cost $1700 to have it professionally done. Oh yeah, and he gave me the caveat that if teh fenders had a door slammed open into them, I'd have to come back and get them touched up because they'd probably sheet off after that.