Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steel Braided Lines

Steel Braided Lines

Hello guys
    I'm looking for steel braided brake line. I searched and found a company that many people here used but it seems their ws is off. Anyone can recommend an alten vendor ?

Thx

James

Thumbs up

I got mine from Independent and they're very well made: Independent4X

Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I also found the I4X lines to be supurb and easy to install (with no prior brake system experience).
    1999 Lotus VX Ironman Edition
    It's fun to rebadge...

Independent is the way to go - way happy with mine. Waited for three months from an eBay seller (who's still got them listed, by the way) and never received them (did get a refund).

--John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Darlington

Got mine from I think a retailer named Darlington Offroad Performance or some such, increased brake pedal pressure immediately, worthwhile mod.
    - To Err Is Human, To GET SOME is Divine -

Did yall that installed the Indy 4x lines find that there were ~1.5" too long, especially up front?
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I noticed that, but am glad that inch & a half was there since the lift.

Arrow Longer for lift

Quote Originally Posted by Locomigo
    Did yall that installed the Indy 4x lines find that there were ~1.5" too long, especially up front?
    I think the Independent 4x4 website specifically states that these lines are longer to allow for lifts.

That's why I got 'em! They fit perfectly with my 3" lift. And they seem to work, because every time I press on the brake pedal, my VX stops. So far.

::crosses fingers::
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

do u have to buy this to get the 3inch lift, or can u still lift it with out buying the brake lines?

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Maybe not TOTALLY "must have" for a lift, but WAY worth the investment for the increased firmness in the pedal.
    Why risk a wreck due to over stressed brake lines ?
    And yes, I have been in a car wreck due to brake line failure.

Quote Originally Posted by CostieCosta
    do u have to buy this to get the 3inch lift, or can u still lift it with out buying the brake lines?

I just added them to my bud's Rodeo this week. Along with everything else that I did for him (He's in Europe, Milan, IT for work and couldnt do it)
    Tera-Lows
    3" BL
    3" lift
    33" tires
    steel brake lines
    manual hubs
    swaybar disconnects... all from Matt

but I digress. I have had the Amigo lifted for 7 years now. Still have the factory lines. Never did anything to them when I lifted it originally. I am putting on the Indy4x set of lines this week though. My buddy ordered me a set when we did the parts order.

oh ok, it's just i want the lift but can't get the brake lines yet, but just wanted to know if its safe with the stock 1s when i get it lifted. thanks guys.

So, I only have a slight lift, enough to run a 31.5 inch tire. (Torsion bars were cranked to level it) Will I have a problem with these longer lines? And no, I'm not going to be lifting it anymore so sometime in the future isn't a issue.
    Last edited by rowhard : 02/22/2008 at 05:48 PM Reason: change it
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    So, I only have a slight lift, enough to run a 31.5 inch tire. (Torsion bars were cranked to level it) Will I have a problem with these longer lines? And no, I'm not going to be lifting it anymore so sometime in the future isn't a issue.
    Shouldn't be a problem, you'll just have a bit more slack.

Thats what I'm worried about, possible chaffing or flexing/kinking. Just hoping someone with a non lifted VX would jump in with a 'Ain't no problem' response.