Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easy fix for CD changer problem?

Easy fix for CD changer problem?

Hello everyone,

Just got my VX not even 2 weeks ago and this morning the CD changer decided it won't play the discs and won't eject any either. All I get is a beep and an "Err3" on the display. The unit at least appears pretty accessible, so I was wondering if any of you have experienced this before as well, and if so, is there a simple do-it-yourself fix for this?

i've had same thing after 2 years. all my cds got stuck inside and Isuzu had replaced the unit and after 4 weeks send my discs back. also they sent a note saying do not use self recorded discs ??? what a BS ! so, i am not sure if there is an easy to fix solution
    Andrey

Thanks for the reply

I have one CD I burned in there at this time and it has done just fine, but this happened right after putting in two new ones that were not self-recorded. Like you, I don't see why it makes any difference. Sure shouldn't have anything to do with the thing breaking. And I didn't try to force-feed it before the little indicator lights showed it was ready to accept a new CD or anything like that. This was during totally normal operation.

Just wondering if it may be possible to retrieve them myself, and if that would possibly fix it (a jam or something?) without going through a repair shop.

mine failed after the bump.. it was plaing CD and next thing was err3 on display. I guess VX has a very stiff ride and CD changer has hard time playing on all those bumpy roads. I've even attempted to re-set whole electrical system by unplugging battery for 10 min ? it did not work for me but maybe you can try that... just in case.

BTW, new unit that they've installed after several hours it is getting hot and skips also ... go figure ?

This was different

This was different because it happened right after pulling out of my garage while parked in the driveway. No bumps, and I've yet to be off-road with my VX. I was just ejecting a few CDs to put in a couple of new ones, and after they went in nothing would play. I did a little digging and found and tried Tone's reset procedure, but to no avail. Don't have the money to replace the thing now, but do have $100 deductible warranty I can use for a temporary stock fix until I can get a new Pioneer or something.

Red face

good for you that you have extended warr. i've just purchased 6/72K.
    I guess stock changer unit will be around $600 (just uneducated guess). Everything on VX is outrageous in price. I had fron left schock failed on me at 17K. Guess how much Isuzu paid for it .... $420.00 !
    Replacement antenna is $100 or so at dealership - rippoff !

Thumbs up THE BEST FIX

The best fix is to replace the system! I have a Pioneer head unit and they make a single disc and 6 disc player that fit the space perfectly. Then rip the stock changer apart and salvage the discs! In my opinion the discs are worth more than the stock player
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I have played nothing but burned cd's for more than a year without an incident.

I did have one commercially made cd that got stuck and I got the er3.

I used the age old technique of slap, hit and punch while pressing buttons. Worked beautifully...

Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Easy fix?

Remove. Insert in trash.

Angry

I had the same problem with my stock CD Changer about 6 weeks after purchasing my brand new '99 VX. Knowing that DIN sized CD changers are inherently evil and bound to fail sooner or later, rather than having Isuzu replace it I convinced the dealer to trade me some options of equal value. In the end I wound up with a hood bra, roof rack, and two bike racks with locking mounts. I later replaced the stock head unit with a Pioneer DEH-P8000R indash CD and couldn't be happier.

Originally posted by paultvx
    Easy fix?

Remove. Insert in trash.

Ah yes... I've tried the slap, hit, & punch technique as well as Tone's reset procedure twice. Nothing.

I'll keep trying periodically, but whether or not it works before I get it worked on, it is getting replaced with something else. It is doomed. Hahahahaha!

my brother has a '99 trooper with the same stock player as the VX and his kept eating cd's and not cooperating, so one day we were fooling with it and he just decided to jam a screwdriver into it and kill it. all of the cd's came spitting out much faster than normal and after they all came out the cd player puked out some wierd looking crescent shaped rubber piece, kind of like a final 'screw you.' it was great.

Originally posted by VAVX
    my brother has a '99 trooper with the same stock player as the VX and his kept eating cd's and not cooperating, so one day we were fooling with it and he just decided to jam a screwdriver into it and kill it. all of the cd's came spitting out much faster than normal and after they all came out the cd player puked out some wierd looking crescent shaped rubber piece, kind of like a final 'screw you.' it was great.
    At least it got the "shaft".

Wink Chuck It

IMO best solution is to save a few dollars and replace the head unit with a single disc mp3 capable unit
    NAVIGATOR