Thread: Woo Hoo, just got my lockers

Woo Hoo, just got my lockers

I thought I was gonna have to wait for the Aussie lockers to become available, and the guy from independent4x said they'd call be when they were about to ship. Little do I know, I'm just at home about to fab up a light bar and some drop mounts for the roof rack, and an unexpected gift arrives from UPS. Now I just have to figure out how to get some time to put them in. Anybody installed these yet? Triathlete, I'm talking to you....

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, moab, ....

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

MOAB!!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Question

Lockers???...you mean as in front AND rear lockers???

I was under the impression that the rears weren't going to be available until later this spring/early summer.

More info please.
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/27/2007 at 07:52 PM

Nope, no lockers.................................yet! I do eventually plan on putting an Aussie in the rear. The front will wait till I do the SAS and that will get a selectable locker for better street manners.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

No, I just got the fronts. I didn't realize at the time that I still need to get hubs, otherwise....lockers don't lock. So, who makes hubs that will work on the VX. Who's the best/worst, does it matter? And, any idea how hard these are to install? I am in the last stages of getting all my parts together for the lift project, and I will have torn apart most of the suspension/drive system to do the diff drop brackets. I'd like to do it all in one shot.

You don't need manual hubs for the front locker to "work", but it will make driving on the road much easier to handle.

OK, so can I just swap out some manual Aisin hubs out of a trooper? and if so, what year range? Are they going to be plug and play for the VX?

Any 19 spline Isuzu 10 bolt hubs will do.Kasia has Superwinch and even though she blew one on Gold Bar Rim they are just fine.

You could get Aisin's and search for them everytime you grenade one...or Warn's and pay big money when one goes(or worse cv)or spens $89 on a set of Superwinch and have a couple bucks to buy some spares.

They make a nice insurance policy that any breakage will not transfer into the expensive stuff.

just my .02
    I got your Jeep thing....now it burns when I pee!

http://www.mwior.com/

Question

Quote Originally Posted by FIEND
    Any 19 spline Isuzu 10 bolt hubs will do.Kasia has Superwinch and even though she blew one on Gold Bar Rim they are just fine.

You could get Aisin's and search for them everytime you grenade one...or Warn's and pay big money when one goes(or worse cv)or spens $89 on a set of Superwinch and have a couple bucks to buy some spares.

They make a nice insurance policy that any breakage will not transfer into the expensive stuff.

just my .02
    Sorry John, for the Vehicross, don't you mean 17 spline and 6 bolt front hubs?

yup, that's what he meant.... John had a long weekend of work, so you need to excuse this typo, Kenny.

Btw, awesome work on all fabrication
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

Quote Originally Posted by yal^
    yup, that's what he meant.... John had a long weekend of work, so you need to excuse this typo, Kenny.

Btw, awesome work on all fabrication

No prob, no offense to FIEND, he just had me second guessing a bit.
    Between bolts'n'splines on hubs'n'axles-- etc... it's all a jumble in my head.

and thanks, the steel did come in handy.

Just to update this thread, I picked up some 17 spline Aisins off of ebay that some poor guy had just fully rebuilt then came to found out that his trooper wasn't the 17 spline version. Nice. They were the easiest thing to install I have come across and work great. While doing some research on this, I have found that the general consensus is that the Aisins are pretty much bullet proof and have the best reputation among the hubs available to us. From what I have read the people said they have never heard of one breaking. Sounds good to me.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.