Thread: Oops, I did it again... (car stereo)

Oops, I did it again... (car stereo)

So, yeah, I got bored today and made an impulse purchase:

Kenwood DVD headunit with hard-drive-based navigation and 7" motorized screen.

Sirius satellite radio module

iPod integration

Rear camera

This will all be installed with my existing CDT Audio 10" sub, in Shawn's Psychos2 Sub Box. No spare tire for me! (I'll drive carefully and get an AAA membership.)

I'll take photos when it has been installed. They're missing the SCREEN, for some reason, so it'll be a week before a replacement unit gets delivered.

I bought it at Car Toys, so now I have to go to the drug store and buy some Vaseline.

Okay, in fairness, it wasn't that expensive. They're having a killer sale right now, and I even talked them down on the install and the "parts". They like to screw people on install parts like wiring and harnesses and junk. They threw most of that stuff in for free, and they aren't charging me for the rear camera or the iPod integration. Free "pocket" for the now-useless CD changer single-din hole, and free grill for my rear-door subwoofer.

Still. ::cough cough:: $2500!!!!!!! Damn. $2500. But for $2500, I now have a place to put my sunglasses. I didn't use the CD changer much anyways...
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Too cool... one day I'll make that flipout/DVD purchase! one day....

congrats! post pix when you can...

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Talking

The install is happening next week. As I keep saying: I PROMISE to take photos!

(Side note: I've been waiting for my front skid plate to arrive before taking the 'after' photos for my Gallery. I finally got an email from Ron/Rudy at vehicrossconcepts, saying that the skid plate would be finished 'soon'. So, my photo shoot will be happening just after 'soon'.)

Man...with satellite radio and GPS navigation...and my two dogs...I really have no excuse for not taking a killer road trip to Utah. I've been dying to get to places like Arches, Canyonlands, Zion and Bryce Canyon National Monuments. I haven't ben there since I was a kid.

I've got an old 2" thick memory-foam mattress pad in my basement. I think I'll cut it to fit the back of my VX, so I can sleep in there on the road!

Hmmm....'On The Road'. I'll be just like Jack Kerouac, only with a Tempur-Pedic mattress in my car. Plus an expensive digital camera, laptop, iPod, plug-in cooler...

Um, okay, I'll be nothing like Jack Kerouac. Still, it'll be a great excuse to escape the Seattle rain.

i added SIRUIS to my VX a few weeks ago and have taken a few 2-3 hour trips since then. i've been really impressed with the quality of the music selection on several of the channels and can't imagine a long roadtrip without it. enjoy!

Nice, your VX is coming along pretty quickly! Cant wait for your photo's!

G/L 'n Have fun! haha
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

It IS coming along quickly. There are good reasons for that. I've discovered that if I buy a car and then get too 'used to it', I NEVER make the mods I want to. I just wait and figure, 'I'll get to it someday'.

Well, not THIS baby. I miss my old Ironman, and I'll always regret selling it, so I've made a promise to get this Ebony VX up to speed before my first real road trip.

And that's starting to look like a May visit to Utah.