View Poll Results: What year is your VX with WCS(wet carpet syndrome).

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll

32 44.44%

13 18.06%

27 37.50%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wet carpet syndrome

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD

Wet carpet syndrome

Wondering if any particular year VXs are more prone to the wet carpet syndrome. If you've had this problem, please select the year of your VX. Thanks!

Paul, don't tell me you are having this problem?

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    No... not yet anyway. I am just curious to see if there is a pattern.

I voted. But, in my case the problem was not the fault of my VX. It was caused by the dealers' prep-monkeys pulling the wiring boot away from the pillar on the day they delivered it.

So...my vote probably won't help to show a trend. If you want, I am a 2000....delete me.

....sT
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Unhappy

I have this problem. I've had it fix twice now. 2000 Vehicross. My issue was a broken weld. And from those that I have emailed picture of the break to, they have had the problem in the same spot. Hope this helps.

Please post the pic to the gallery for reference by future sufferers.

Driver's Side

Of course after 4 tries by the dealership, and eliminating everything from a leak of the windshield seal, to a firewall issue, I was beginning to notice water actually spilling from under the dash over my left foot. Then I noticed it was only happening after my VX was parked in the rain on a slope (<8%) , nose down, in my driveway. It never once leaked in facing up-hill.

One final cascade of water in May, followed by an audible turn-signal "click" that was stuck in the "on" position, and the dealer was finally able to pin down the source of the leak to a poor weatherstrip seal along the door-edge of the "A" post!

They finessed a fix with a bead of silicone sealant and the problem hasn't (knock on carbon-fiber) returned.
    ...behold a government which to bigotry gives no sanction and to persecution no assistance...
    1790 Geo. Washington

skullcap========= Any chance you can take a pic of where they fixed your leak so I can compare????=========

Its funny you say that because I have a problem with my VX and it only happens when it rains. I notice it when I first get in after rain if i touch the passenger side floor mat it will be damp and if i rub my hand under the dash right under the glove box i will feel water start to drip and last of all when I take off for the first turn or so i will here some water sloshing around in the dash then after that its gone. I took it to my dealer and after waiting for weeks for the parts they replaced all the weather stripping on the passenger side. I have yet seen rain so I don't know if its fixed ( I hope it is ) but what I thought was funny was that just last time it rained before they replaced my weather stripping I was having trouble where my turn signal flasher was sticking where it would stay on for a while and then it would go back to normal. I told the dealership they were wrong but your post gives me hope. I have heard everyone say that the main cause was a weld on the fire wall where the A pillar meets it
    , and I have also been told by spazz and other members to look for the leak by turning on the air to high and shutting all doors and then getting a spray bottle with about a tablespoon or so of dish soap then you walk around the vehicle spraying all cracks and rubber to find the leak.

Just my 2 cents. I hope your situation applies to me.
    Good poll by the way, I thought of doing this quite a few time to see if there was a similarity.

No matter what i love my VX and I'm glad I have it. Its one of those rare finds that you cant get tired of because you don't see them all over the place. I consider myself lucky to have one.

Thanks Guys
    Last edited by loco6464 : 10/22/2003 at 08:22 AM
    ~LOCO~

Well It rained last night and guess what...... My VX still leaks. I just called and I have to drop it off at the dealer again foe who knows how long ( wouldn't care if I knew I would get it back fixed). Any way this is the last try for the dealer, I understand it takes a while to track this kinda thing down but I don't feel like they are doing a good job at looking so I guess it will be up to me if I ever get it back. The water leak is the only bad thing about my VX I hate that it comes in from behind the dash and runs down all that electrical stuff, I'm sure with that in mind that I will have electrical trouble in the long run if its not fixed. I don't want it to sound like its a huge amount of water its only like 3-9 ounces that I can tell but it shouldn't be any at all. I just want it fixed even if I end up paying to get it done I just want it done and over not trial and error like the dealership.

Just my little vent guys I'm sure there are a few more of you out there that feel the same way.

:wtfg2:

I'll try to snap some pics when I can.

My dealer had used soapy water on the outside and blew compressed air under the dash to look for bubbles on the outside.

Make sure you've looked over all previous posts about the problem and learn what you can about the various problems/solutions.

Then print-out all of the posts and pics and hand then to your dealer.

Isuzu is aware of the problem, even if they "play dumb" to it sometimes. You should be covered under warranty, including replacement of the carpet padding if you can't remove the mildew odor.

I did print a bunch of info from the site for the dealership and they overlooked it all. I will try to do the same and see what happens. I look forward to your pic.

thanks

My leak turned out to be in a few areas. I had 2 on the fire wall under the wiper assy, and one bad one under the edge of the windshield so when you pull forward and there is water in the fresh air tray it pushes up against the windshield edge and runs in the floor. They fixed it 98% before it was about 3-4 ounces of water that shot into the floor and now I may not see any ( I have seen 1 small drop ) I am waiting till we get a good rain. For some reason it will not do anything when I take it to a car wash its only when it rains for a while and I don't drive it for a day or so while its raining.

I will beat this thing 100% even if I end up doing it my self.

yeahhhhhh, just another common problem I've learned to live with regarding the VX. Each time it rains I (like clockwork) put a towel on the floor and just wait to see how soaked it gets, but hey it has come to the point where I'd rather due this then listen to the dealer swindle me out of money and fix something that they claim is wrong, so i just have my reliable ole towel handy each time,,, shame though !

just to let everyone know with this probllem.. consider electrical porbolems a STRONG possibility.. My carpets were also getting wet on the driver's side before I finally got tired and glued the top gasket for the windshield. Although cheap, this is not good for the gasket but solved the my specific problem.. Anyway, the segments of the door wires in my truck became oxidised and rusted away, leaving my driver's side window dead.. It was an easy repare of by passing this connecting clip and saudering the wires together.. If your locks start acting funny, or window dies, check under the driver's side kick pannel.

I have a leak on the drivers' side floor board!! I'm taking my VX back to Isuzu on Monday! The Isuzu guys' are being asses about the problem!! They have been trying to blame the wires, (from my offroad lights on my cargo rack), that run inside the weather stripping on the driver and passenger side windows! It's funny though, the wet spot was there BEFORE the lights on top were installed!