View Poll Results: What year is your VX with WCS(wet carpet syndrome).

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll

32 44.44%

13 18.06%

27 37.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wet carpet syndrome

Wet Carpet Aye...

Not Likely Is It A Common Problem With The Vx's. In My Professional Opinion Seeing As I've Been Doing This For 9years Now It Has To Be Related To Something That Happened To The Vx During It's Life. Depending On The Location Of The Wet Development It Could Be Many Things. Bad Windshield Install, Aftermarket Stereo Install (gromet Disturbance And Lack Of Proper R&r), Sunroof Leak (if You Have One), Bad Or Worn Door Seals/rubbers Or It Could Have Been Some Nut 4x4ing Over Some Rough Terrain That Punctured The Vx Body.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
    anybody have this problem in the rear by the back door? i noticed this the other day when i opened the right compartment the little fuzzy foam was wet, and the carpet was a little moist.
    probably the rear door out of alignment, the latch back there can move pretty easily. only other thing that could really leak back there is the window, or the mounting bolts for the roof rail

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Seems most likely that it would be a bad seal in the rear quarter glass if he's seeing moisture inside the tools compartment directly under that window.

i actually just noticed some moisture back in that area of my vx.. it was coming from the spoiler mounting bolts. turns out the only protection from moisture there is a foam pad on the bottom of the spoiler, so i removed it and re-installed it with a small bit of silicon on each bolt and that cured it

Mine leaks too! I just put it in the garage now.......

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    I'm not having any leaks like this at all...except for the top of the windshield right above the rearview mirror. A tiny leak. It only leaks when there's high pressure, like the car wash. Rain doesn't leak unless its a very strong rain. I've got a '99.

I found it.... The leak well the second one. This time the vx is leaking on the bottom of the driver side windshield. The only way i found this is from a wet tree air freshener wedged between the glass and plastic. Is there a easy way to remove the plastic that is conected to the VIN number plate without removing the entire top of the dash? Or does someone have a better sugestion? This way i can seal the entire bottom of the windshield with silicone.
    Roads.... Where Were Going We Don't Need Roads!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
    I found it.... The leak well the second one. This time the vx is leaking on the bottom of the driver side windshield. The only way i found this is from a wet tree air freshener wedged between the glass and plastic. Is there a easy way to remove the plastic that is conected to the VIN number plate without removing the entire top of the dash? Or does someone have a better sugestion? This way i can seal the entire bottom of the windshield with silicone.

This had happened to my Wife's Galant. Found the leak after the stereo amp to her car went ka-put (From water damage). We had the whole windshield removed and resealed by an auto glass place. If I remember correctly, it was roughly $100.

Thanks for the tip. After doing some exploring today after work, im not sure that the windshield gasket is the culprit. There is water behind the windshield between the glass and the piece of plastic that hold the VIN plate in the groove. Is there an easy way to take off the top of the dash without making it a 12 hr ordeal, breaking down the entire dash. I figure once i get back there i can get a better feel for the situation, as of now im back to square one. If anybody has any suggestions let me know. Thanks

my leak was the door jam gasket at the top towards windshield

wet mat

Just received my 99 vehi cross on first of Sept. 2011....just went to check and sure enough my passenger mat is soaking wet as is the carpet....very disturbing, I bought this car with 28,000 miles it is in really nice shape....I am retired and this was to be my last car....I had a new 99 VX ten years ago and really like it....any suggestions would be appreciated on where to start looking for a leak...thank you in advance....

Kerry

Well after spending all day yesterday trying to find the leak to no avail, the vx decided that I shall suffer some more. I was wondering if anybody has a picture of the so called cracked weld or the location that I have seen mentioned in a few posts.

This is where i have found standing water but don't know how its getting there. Its in the little notch where the arrows pointing. Any suggestions?

I had rust along the top of my windshield that was causing water to seep in and run down the inside of the windshield. thats the first place id look

My Passenger side is also wet on floor. it may be a heatercore issue as it hasnt rained in a while
    Last edited by Lizardmen3477 : 03/24/2015 at 06:59 AM