View Poll Results: Who is planning to be at the VX Run?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!

14 82.35%
  • It's a maybe right now.

1 5.88%
  • Cant make this one.

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: VX only run

VX only run

Unfortunately I will have to pass the torch this year on the VX only run proceeding ZuZoo X.

I have classes scheduled for the week as well as a night of testing in Salt Lake on May 15th. We will however make it down to Moab by Friday night and do trails Saturday and Sunday.

If things should change I will let everyone know but as of right now someone will need to do the planning and lead the trail.
    Todd

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....why, God, why?

I wish you the best with classes, Todd, and someone's got some big shoes to fill, cause meeting you last year was awesome.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to fill the role due to the juggling of balls at work and home as well as the fact that I have only experienced real off-roading once - last year's VX only run.

Anyone? Anyone?

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    The VX Gods are angry with us. What can we sacrifice to please them?

Good luck in your classes Todd. Thanks for doing the VX run in the past! I've really enjoyed them.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Good Luck! See you Saturday and thanks for the great trails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Unhappy

Best of luck on your classes/ testing Todd, your knowlege of terrain & landmarks, and willingness to share, made last years VX run a great experience.
    You & your family will be missed...& "psycho" the wonder dog too.

Now we'll all most likely end up driving around aimlessly, saying : "hey, look at that...wonder what THAT is...wish Todd was here to splain it to us." OR..." I think were lost !"...you get the idea, no pressure though.

See ya later in the week...

Todd has ALWAYS had the best runs! I'm sorry you will have to miss Moab this year. I've learned a lot from you.

With that being said, I've been on three runs with Todd. Two of them being VX Runs. Two of those runs I've come back a year later in my VX to lead my father in his Rubicon.

1. Hotel Rock in the Cedar Mesa Area.
    2. Elephant Hill in Canyonlands National Park.

These are very fun and challenging runs. Several stock VXs have been on both of these runs and did GREAT.

One option is wouldn't mind I wouldn't mind co-leading one of these runs again with another VXer.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

ELEPHANT HILL!!!! here! here!!

-biju.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by biju
    ELEPHANT HILL!!!! here! here!!

-biju.
    DITTO !!!...I nominate Tom to get us all there & back, alive & in one piece...no pressure though.
    Last edited by Ldub : 01/26/2007 at 09:33 AM

Well friends, if the VX Only run is up in the air, is it possible that we could schedule it later in the week as opposed to Tuesday? My obstacle with going was that having the VX only run during the middle week days kinda makes taking off work difficult. So might I suggest a Friday or a Saturday???

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Well friends, if the VX Only run is up in the air, is it possible that we could schedule it later in the week as opposed to Tuesday? My obstacle with going was that having the VX only run during the middle week days kinda makes taking off work difficult. So might I suggest a Friday or a Saturday???

Bart

That might be difficult to organize, but anything's possible as it's way early in the planning stages. Traditionally (from my understanding) there's still ZuZoo trails being run on Friday and Saturday - and Sunday's the wrap up/games/awards/party/bbq hang out and drink a lot day...

-biju.

Oh OK, I wasn't aware of that other stuff going on. So basically ZuZoo goes on from Wednesday through Sunday? The VXers couldn't branch off and go on a VX only run separately? I mean, I don't care really, just trying to think of a way I can definitely make it!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by biju
    That might be difficult to organize, but anything's possible as it's way early in the planning stages. Traditionally (from my understanding) there's still ZuZoo trails being run on Friday and Saturday - and Sunday's the wrap up/games/awards/party/bbq hang out and drink a lot day...

-biju.

WARNING!!! If anyone goes to Canyonlands, keep in mind you may be fined if you bring a dog. I was fined $75 last year for having my dog when I did Elephant Hill in my VX. It is considered wilderness or something since the trail is considered a "backroad". Supposedly, they are afraid of bats getting rabies from your dog's poo! Elephant Hill is a fun trail but it is around 80 or 90 miles south of Moab... luckily you don't need to air down to do it!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Bart,

You can be there any day that fits your schedule, just cause it's not the "VX run" doesn't make it any less fun...ther'll most likely be a number of VX's on most of the 3.5 - 4.? runs on any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    Bart,

You can be there any day that fits your schedule, just cause it's not the "VX run" doesn't make it any less fun...ther'll most likely be a number of VX's on most of the 3.5 - 4.? runs on any given day.
    This is completely true! I've never gone on a run at Zu where I was the only (or less than 4) VX! Wouldn't mind branching off to do a VX thing myself... although, we are already seen as elitists/snobs at Zu. bwahahahahaaa I love it.

-biju.
    Last edited by biju : 01/26/2007 at 09:58 AM

What about regular Moab trails and campsites? CeCe goes with her daddy everywhere, or else daddy doesn't go....

See how much fun she has outside?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    WARNING!!! If anyone goes to Canyonlands, keep in mind you may be fined if you bring a dog. I was fined $75 last year for having my dog when I did Elephant Hill in my VX. It is considered wilderness or something since the trail is considered a "backroad". Supposedly, they are afraid of bats getting rabies from your dog's poo! Elephant Hill is a fun trail but it is around 80 or 90 miles south of Moab... luckily you don't need to air down to do it!