View Poll Results: Who is planning to be at the VX Run?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!

14 82.35%
  • It's a maybe right now.

1 5.88%
  • Cant make this one.

2 11.76%

Thread: VX only run

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Reality has a place here. If you dont want to get a scratch, ding, bang on your VX, dont do it. But chances are that you will get through it all unscathed and have a blast. The reality is anything is possible.. scratched/gauged cladding from rough brush or rocks, a nip at your rims, etc, etc.... or NOTHING. I've gone twice to Moab and my VX suffered no permanent injuries.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I'll be in Moab Monday and Tuesday but I have to make the journey back west on Wednesday

Bart

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    I'm currently working with Tom (tomdietrying) to figure out meeting time/place.

stay tuned.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Even with some of the trails I've been on in my 2 trips to ZuZoo I have come away with only a little cosmetic damage...a front parking light the first year (when an unseen rock jumped out from nowhere on an easy obstacle on Poison Spider) and a few scrapes on the cladding last year (see Hells Gate photos). Other than that everything else just buffed out!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Thumbs up

Locomigo,
    If you are going to be at Natural Bridges on Monday, you might want to 4x4 Hotel Rock Indian Ruins with a couple of us and drive to Canyonlands N.P. the next day (Tuesday) for Elephant Hill. Let me know if you might be interested.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    The 3 times I took my truck to Moab, no damage!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying
    Locomigo,
    If you are going to be at Natural Bridges on Monday, you might want to 4x4 Hotel Rock Indian Ruins with a couple of us and drive to Canyonlands N.P. the next day (Tuesday) for Elephant Hill. Let me know if you might be interested.
    Peace.
    Tom
    Tom, thanks for the offer.
    Unfortunately, I think that I will not be able to meet up with you that day. Here is why: a group of us are meeting up Sunday morning to run Hole in the Rock, we will get to the end of the trail @ Gray Mesa overlooking Lake Powell that evening to set up camp and return out the next day (Monday).

It is my hope that I will have enough time on Monday afternoon/evening to explore Natural Bridges and set up camp. Those trails/areas seem really cool and I would love to meet up with that, but I just dont see that I wil have enough time.

Where are you departing from Tuesday morning and what time?

Ive got a couple buddies that will be in Moab during the weekend and are coming down to meet up with us on Tuesday to run the trail, so we could have a decent turn out there. At this time, I have potential of 7 rigs (2 from Moab, and 5 of us running Hole in the Rock).

Thanks for the info though, it is appreciated. If we can make it work out, I will let you know.
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Moab Vehicle Inspection checklist

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have the vehicle inspection checklist for moab? I've been looking for it everywhere, it was sent to me in a packet for moab V... I'm probably not going this year, can't sign up anymore anyway, but please post it here if anyone can for info...

Last time I went, some of the things were

WATER
    CB
    Orange flag
    full size spare...

etc...

Thanks!