View Poll Results: Who is planning to be at the VX Run?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!

14 82.35%
  • It's a maybe right now.

1 5.88%
  • Cant make this one.

2 11.76%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: VX only run

Yeah, I'm gonna have to leave poor CeCe in the hotel

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede
    Hi guys...apologies if this has been brought up before, but one important thing to remember about Elephant Hill is NO PETS in the backcountry. Not even in the vehicle, once you leave the pavement.

Having said that, it is definitely worth the trip!

Might even see you there, some of us MWIOR guys are planning an EH trip as well...

Yep, I'll be leaving Cinder in the cabin, too... :sadg:

We were going to bring Bandit this year, but with 5 extra days of exploring, some of those in areas where pets arent allowed, made it rough. Maybe Ill bring him out in November. He will see trails in CO throughout the summer though...

Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    *bump diddly bump*

Please indicate at the poll up top ^ if you're attending the VX Run on Tuesday.

Thanks.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Elephant Hill

VX Run is almost here. I can't wait!

Here is an article about Elephant Hill written by Todd Addams. I thought I would share it with you. Enjoy.

http://www.4x4wire.com/trail/report/ut/elephanthill/

I promise if you do this run you will have so much fun. I hope to see you there.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying
    VX Run is almost here. I can't wait!

Here is an article about Elephant Hill written by Todd Addams. I thought I would share it with you. Enjoy.

http://www.4x4wire.com/trail/report/ut/elephanthill/

I promise if you do this run you will have so much fun. I hope to see you there.

Peace.
    Tom
    Thanks for posting that Tom, I'm in the same boat...chompin' at the bit to get to Moab.

Hey, I just had a few thoughts:

1) Has everyone filled out the survey up top? So far we have 13 confirmed but I think there are more.

2) Is there a DIY car wash in Moab somewhere? I have a feeling I am going to be completely covered in bug juice by the time I get across 2 states and I just can't go to a VX meetup with my ebony shining!

3) I bought a hand held Cobra CB today. I hope it does the trick.

4) As for fine dining, what is the best spot in Moab? I'm gonna take the wife somewhere on Sunday (our 6th year anniversary).

Thanks - Bart

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Hey, I just had a few thoughts:

1) Has everyone filled out the survey up top? So far we have 13 confirmed but I think there are more.

2) Is there a DIY car wash in Moab somewhere? I have a feeling I am going to be completely covered in bug juice by the time I get across 2 states and I just can't go to a VX meetup with my ebony shining!

3) I bought a hand held Cobra CB today. I hope it does the trick.

4) As for fine dining, what is the best spot in Moab? I'm gonna take the wife somewhere on Sunday (our 6th year anniversary).

Thanks - Bart
    2) There was a $0.25 wand wash in the middle of Town (west side of the street on the main drag).

3) Did you get an antenna too? It couldn't hurt...

4) Fine dinning? Moab? offroaders? and mountain bikers?? The Moab Brewery had good food...

C-ya soon!

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Is there a DIY car wash in Moab somewhere? I have a feeling I am going to be completely covered in bug juice by the time I get across 2 states and I just can't go to a VX meetup with my ebony shining!

I bought a hand held Cobra CB today. I hope it does the trick.

4) As for fine dining, what is the best spot in Moab?
    there WILL be a full inspection for cleanliness upon arrival. expectations are high. (kidding. sort of. ha!)

Your CB handheld will work just fine. I also have just a handheld CB.

Eats? Hmmm... all kinds of good stuff. Not sure about 'fine' dining tho.

-biju.

Cool, thanks guys. The Gonzo Inn site has a couple nice places on their links page so I will try one of those I think.

Thanks!

Bart

Pasta Jay's is my favorite place in Moab. Great food, not fine dining though. probably upper middle atmosphere, for Moab
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

No dogs?

WTF?

This is 2007! Not Stalinist Russia! Bastards...

I've got my two pups with me. I guess I'm screwed.

Oh well. I'll see you guys at Mickey D's, at least! I'll take photos from the road, if I can't go into the backcountry.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

That's what I said. Are you camping the whole time? You might consider getting a hotel for a couple nights. That is what I am doing and my pooch is gonna hafta stay in the hotel room on Tuesday. She isn't going to be happy, but....she will be ok. I guess it depends on the dog(s). My dog will just sleep on the bed the whole day.

The whole "no dogs" thing really chaps my @$$. I wish they would just say, "we don't want people to step in dog poo" instead of "it disturbs native wildlife". I'm sorry, but you can't tell me that dogs disturb the wildlife more than hundreds of people and loud 4x4 vehicles. Its just soo stupid and I will never understand it. If dogs are prohibited to protect wildlife, then people should not be allowed either. Its just freakin backwards logic to me. But then again, what do I know...

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    No dogs?

WTF?

This is 2007! Not Stalinist Russia! Bastards...

I've got my two pups with me. I guess I'm screwed.

Oh well. I'll see you guys at Mickey D's, at least! I'll take photos from the road, if I can't go into the backcountry.
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 05/08/2007 at 08:07 AM Reason: sd

Slight Change In Plans!

Small change in plans folks.

We won't be stopping at newspaper rock on the way to Elephant Hill. Instead, we'll be meeting Tom at the park's visitor's center.

For those who wish to visit Newspaper rock can do so on the way out of the park when we head back to Moab. Sound good?

See you all soon.

-biju.

Thumbs up

Sounds cool to me! Can't wait to meet everybody... and see some old friends!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS