View Poll Results: Who is planning to be at the VX Run?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!

14 82.35%
  • It's a maybe right now.

1 5.88%
  • Cant make this one.

2 11.76%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: VX only run

Yeah, but as biju already pointed out, we are regarded as the elitist/snobs of the Zu world, and therefore my VX would only like to ride alongside other VXes. Troopers and Rodeos are not good enough to be near my beautiful Ebony VehiCROSS.

JK of course, but it would be cool for some of use to branch off. Oh well, I will just see what happens I guess and do my best to be there on whatever days I can...I was just looking forward to the VX ONLY run.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    Bart,

You can be there any day that fits your schedule, just cause it's not the "VX run" doesn't make it any less fun...ther'll most likely be a number of VX's on most of the 3.5 - 4.? runs on any given day.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    If you want to see really great pics of the trip to Elephant Hill, 3D and Seven mile rim, see Scott's other site that has pics from several Moab trips.

http://www.moncha.com/vxframe.html

Click "pics", then "vx albums", then "zuzoo IV moah ut", then choose the trail.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Last year we decided that it would no longer be a "VX only run". It's just the VX run anybody can roll with us. ALL WELCOME ALL WELCOME
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

The main idea behind the inception of the VX run was to allow some of the seasoned VXers to help the rookie VXers find out what their VX is capable of before joining in on all the fun of ZuZoo. Todd usualy picked a trail that had enough difficulty to make the noobs pucker (just ask Biju) but not enough to do damage (as long as you could follow instructions and trust your spotter). This would make you more comfortable when out with the main groups. Plus it allowed everyone to meet each other.
    Trust me, if you don't make it to the VX run you will still have a great time on the trail at ZuZoo. Everyone there is more than helpfull and there are some great people there.

ZuZoo goes Wen.-Sat. Sat trail runs are usually short ones o everyone can make it back on time for the fun and games and food of ZuZoopoluza. Sun. is a drive day!
    Last edited by Triathlete : 01/26/2007 at 01:14 PM
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    What about regular Moab trails and campsites? CeCe goes with her daddy everywhere, or else daddy doesn't go... Bart
    I have had my dog at a couple of camping sites in the Sand Flats Area and along the river and I have never been approached by the sheriff or Mr. Park Ranger Sir. Likewise, the motorpark we stayed at last year had several dogs playing poker and licking each others butts. Trails around Moab have never been a problem either. Arches National Park is possibly the same story as Canyonlands however.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

HERE is more info from 4x4Wire.

Dogs

Cool, thanks for the info. Man, I tell you, I will never understand the "no dogs" rules that I am seeing more and more at state parks and national forests.

Honestly, can someone explain to me how a little dog poo is worse than thousands of humans that pollute, leave trash, drive vehicles that spew exhaust, make noise, trample flora and fauna and frequently drop oil/fluid and leave a rubber road behind them? If dogs are not allowed, one would think people should not be either.

And maybe I am stupid, but if bats can catch rabies from my dogs poo, doesn't that mean that my dog must be rabid? In which case, there is a much, much bigger issue here....

Just my thoughts on this subject. If anyone can educate me so that this makes sense, please do...

Bart

i think the no dogs rule is one of those instances where a kid blows his hand off with a firework so they outlaw them in the whole state... a few owners who let their dogs run free without even keeping them within sight and it of course runs up on the 2 people in the whole park who have a phobia of dogs.. so they freak out and the dog freaks out and someone gets bitten..

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    i think the no dogs rule is one of those instances where a kid blows his hand off with a firework so they outlaw them in the whole state... a few owners who let their dogs run free without even keeping them within sight and it of course runs up on the 2 people in the whole park who have a phobia of dogs.. so they freak out and the dog freaks out and someone gets bitten..
    Good point...add to that the multitude of pet owners that are too lazy / irresponsible to clean up the "leavings" of their pride & joy, & all of a sudden...no dogs allowed happens.
    It's always the actions of a few rotten apples that screw it up for the rest.
    If all pet owners were responsible, there would be very few apartment buildings with a "no pets allowed" policy.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask

Honestly, can someone explain to me how a little dog poo is worse than thousands of humans that pollute, leave trash, drive vehicles that spew exhaust, make noise, trample flora and fauna and frequently drop oil/fluid and leave a rubber road behind them?
    The people you meet at ZuZoo are resposible wheelers and will preach the tread lightly rules to you daily before each run. If you resemble the person above (hopefully you don't) then you will probably not get along to well there! Just ask anyone who was on Golden Spike when the Hummer yahoos went through (long story, but they had more money than common sense or courtesy).
    Last edited by Triathlete : 01/26/2007 at 06:46 PM

Well, you're probably right. I was just in Santa Cruz a few weeks ago. They have basically outlawed dogs in Santa Cruz, even on the street in the shopping area. We stopped in a shop that sells specialty dog and cat stuff and asked the girl about why dogs are not allowed. She said it was because someone slipped on some fresh steamy doggie poo and ended up suing the city of Santa Cruz and voila, no dogs allowed.

My whole problem with it, is that parks try to say dogs are in some way bad for the environment. I wish they would just come out and say its because of their poo that people don't clean up, instead of some mumbo jumbo like they scare wildlife away. I would say my VX is a lot scarier to a wild animal, than another animal.

Its just another bass ackwards rule that is, "For me to poop on!" in the words Triumph.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    2.5 mo's away... any final word on who's leading this?

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Alright VX Zu-sters... are we of the opinion the VX run will still happen in the absense of Todd Adams - or do we feel this won't happen?

As people are surely needing to make plans/reservations we should probably nail this down.

Tom mentioned possibly co-leading a run... thoughts? ideas? Tom you still open to this?

Personally, I'm 50/50 - and on the fence today...

Lets discuss...

-biju.

There def. SHOULD be a VX run! I would be willing to co-lead as well but I can't commit to that until I get my front 3rd member rebuilt. I hope to tear it down next month when I move into my new house! If someone else doesn't volunteer before then and my rebuild goes smoothly I would be willing to co-lead... Let's not give up just yet. Someone else want to step up to the plate?

Ok, I'll discuss this.

When I decide to go, I've been enough times that I could probably lead something.. I have a nice GPS setup so, we wouldn't get too lost. And I promise to not scare anyone again (Well maybe)

I just need a little more time to see what is in store for my near future...
    Scott / moncha.com