View Poll Results: Colorado to Moab ZuZoo X Convoy

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll make the convoy!

14 82.35%
  • I'll make it to ZuZoo X, but not the convoy.

3 17.65%

Thread: Colorado to Moab ZuZoo X Convoy : 2007!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dunford
    Great news Gil, It will be great to see you again!
    That is good news Gil, haven't seen hide nor hair of ya since you got all growed up & bought a house...It'll be good wheelin' with you again!

Talking Moab!

I will join the convoy... I love the look on people's faces when they see a line of VXes (they've not likely seen even ONE before). Plus, it will be great seeing everyone... old friends & new ones. Sweet!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Talking I'm scared....

after looking at those pix from past events...I am very scared...I will burst into tears if I mess up my baby!!! I never ever let anyone drive her...but if i don't trust my own judgement...someone else may have to take the wheel...and hold my hand...and be willing to deal with a psycho backseat driver (me)... I will try to keep myself composed...I wanna be cool like you folks!!!

VXIRONwoMAN,

Last year was my first Zu, and I was/am EXTREMELY picky about my baby. Everyone was very helpful on the trails, and it's not like high school, so there's no peer pressure. If you don't want to do an obsticle, you don't have to, and no one thinks badly of you for it. I'm probably going to take it easy this year too (don't want to scratch Vicky), so we can both sit back and cheer the other crazy people on.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Thumbs up

VXIRONWOMAN,
    You really want to go on the VX Run. I believe it will be held on Tuesday, May 15th, and I think it will be held at Elephant Hill in Canyonlands N.P. Scott (Moncha) will be leading the trail.

There are some crazy looking trails, but nothing you and your VX can't make it through. You WILL NOT get a scratch on your baby. Not only will you gain confidence in yourself, but your 4x4 skills get much better. This is a must do for every VXer making the trek to ZuZu. It will be my third time on the trail and I rate it UNDER a 3.5. To me a 3.5 means plenty of fun and no scratches to the beloved VX.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Nothing to worry about....Just don't follow me , which won't be a problem since I won't be making the trip this year.
    As everyone has said, everyone there is VERY helpfull. Just make sure you have a spotter you trust and follow what he/she says. Ask around and you will find the people you want spotting. Have faith in the VX...it is very capable. Pick your trails carefully. Once the trail list is up you can find lots of info on the web about each trail. If you stick with trails that are rated 3.5 or under you will do just fine. Follow a fellow VXer with a similarly equiped VX so you can watch the line they take.
    Once you get comfortable in your and the VX's capabilities you'll be ready to follow me next year...because once you go it will be real hard not to go again!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Talking Thanks for all the help and support!!!

I feel so...MOTIVATED! Heck yes!!! I am excited! i can use a getaway...and the VX run sounds cool too! I just might have to go to that too!!! Yippy Skippy!!! I just need you all to hold my hand along the way and I think I might make it out without changing my diaper... Thanks ya'll!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN
    I think I might make it out without changing my diaper... Thanks ya'll!
    Ummm...that depends...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...you're in good hands, last year was my first time, but I wasn't too freaked out, since I've been riding bikes off road since I was 8 or 9 yrs. old. OK, I was kinda freaked out by the first couple of obstacles , but after you see what one of these little trucks can do, that feeling subsides.
    I know Wyld Weasel was a little apprehensive at first, and rightfully so...it was her first time off road AND she was sportin' a fresh paint job...two very good reasons.
    She came through without a scratch...as mentioned earlier, everyone is very helpful.
    The wheeling is what I went to ZuZoo for last year, the comraderie & good fellowship I experienced is the main draw for me this year, the wheeling is a close second.
    It's almost as if you're getting together with old friends you haven't seen for a long time...or family, that you actually want to see.
    There is no way to put the experience into words, but if you run across Vlad's "road to nowhere" video, it's a pretty good thumbnail sketch of the ZuZoo experience.