View Poll Results: Colorado to Moab ZuZoo X Convoy

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll make the convoy!

14 82.35%
  • I'll make it to ZuZoo X, but not the convoy.

3 17.65%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado to Moab ZuZoo X Convoy : 2007!

Nothing to worry about....Just don't follow me , which won't be a problem since I won't be making the trip this year.
    As everyone has said, everyone there is VERY helpfull. Just make sure you have a spotter you trust and follow what he/she says. Ask around and you will find the people you want spotting. Have faith in the VX...it is very capable. Pick your trails carefully. Once the trail list is up you can find lots of info on the web about each trail. If you stick with trails that are rated 3.5 or under you will do just fine. Follow a fellow VXer with a similarly equiped VX so you can watch the line they take.
    Once you get comfortable in your and the VX's capabilities you'll be ready to follow me next year...because once you go it will be real hard not to go again!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Talking Thanks for all the help and support!!!

I feel so...MOTIVATED! Heck yes!!! I am excited! i can use a getaway...and the VX run sounds cool too! I just might have to go to that too!!! Yippy Skippy!!! I just need you all to hold my hand along the way and I think I might make it out without changing my diaper... Thanks ya'll!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN
    I think I might make it out without changing my diaper... Thanks ya'll!
    Ummm...that depends...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...you're in good hands, last year was my first time, but I wasn't too freaked out, since I've been riding bikes off road since I was 8 or 9 yrs. old. OK, I was kinda freaked out by the first couple of obstacles , but after you see what one of these little trucks can do, that feeling subsides.
    I know Wyld Weasel was a little apprehensive at first, and rightfully so...it was her first time off road AND she was sportin' a fresh paint job...two very good reasons.
    She came through without a scratch...as mentioned earlier, everyone is very helpful.
    The wheeling is what I went to ZuZoo for last year, the comraderie & good fellowship I experienced is the main draw for me this year, the wheeling is a close second.
    It's almost as if you're getting together with old friends you haven't seen for a long time...or family, that you actually want to see.
    There is no way to put the experience into words, but if you run across Vlad's "road to nowhere" video, it's a pretty good thumbnail sketch of the ZuZoo experience.

Question Specific times/days yet?

Okay...can we have an update on dates, times and places?

It would be great if the first post in this thread could be edited with the "TBD" times filled in!

I was planning a drive out through the Utah desert in May anyway, so if I can schedule it properly I WOULD like to get to Moab and ZuZoo.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    ...I guess that request is aimed at me.. ha!

I'll update that meow. I mean, now.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Quote Originally Posted by biju
    Jay/Nocturnal: Will you be joining the convoy/BBQ in grand junction?

-biju.
    We (Tone, Lisa, me) haven't finalized the trip route yet, but would love to hook up with everyone if you don't mind a funny looking VX joining in.

It would be quite the honor, man! Can't wait to see the FJ!!!

-biju.

MMMmmmmm! FJ...

Slightly modified!

And slightly older body style! Jay, how dare you call that black bubble a VX! What all have you done to your FJ so far - I was thinking it would be cool to see a comparable FJ and VX duke it out on the trail.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    And slightly older body style! Jay, how dare you call that black bubble a VX! What all have you done to your FJ so far - I was thinking it would be cool to see a comparable FJ and VX duke it out on the trail.
    Right now the running gear is completely stock, I've been concentrating on the interior first. I will throw some skid plates on and may level the front (up 2") before Moab. It should be able to keep up with the VX bretheren OK.

six weeks...

roughly six weeks away...

anybody else thinking of joining the BBQ & VX train to moab?

-biju.

On The Spot!

The following VX'ers are from CO who've recently logged into vx.info (apologies if i missed anyone):

afortna
    driver3
    fuzzy
    moncha
    jemorga
    mdwyer
    nater
    vfrider1
    vxdakinechicvx
    zilik

some above are eluding to coming to zu (eh-hem, *moncha*) - however most i'm assuming aren't going to moab this year. regardless, any chance we'll see any of you in glenwood springs and the bbq gathering in grand junction??? it would be really cool to meet you all, even if you're not going on to moab after that. besides, you're so close to the action!

just curious.

i see a few more folks have responded to the poll. welcome, and see you there!

take care all.

-biju.

Exclamation What time @ the meeting spot?

Jay, Lisa and I will be coming in from TX and it looks like it is only a bit over a 100mi from Moab but we'd like to join up - what time?

mini-voy

-bij.
    Last edited by biju : 04/23/2007 at 03:42 PM

Smile Any dates set in stone?

Are the dates for sure yet? or are they still up in the air? I know it's around the 15th and 16th...right? I need to take the time off work. Thanks.