View Poll Results: Colorado to Moab ZuZoo X Convoy

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll make the convoy!

14 82.35%
  • I'll make it to ZuZoo X, but not the convoy.

3 17.65%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado to Moab ZuZoo X Convoy : 2007!

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Sweet man.... Thanks so much for hosting/agreeing to do this!!! A VX pre-moab ZuZoo BBQ! Freaking awesome.

So although nothing official has been mentioned about Zu yet (not from what I know of anyways...) I'm suspecting the convoy/GJ BBQ will be on Monday the 14th. That give us time to gather at the hot springs > travel to GJ > BBQ > travel to Moab > settle in for the night in prep for Tuesdays VX run on Tuesday the 15th. And if the suspicion is correct - ZuZoo will begin on Wednesday the 16th.

Let us know what you'll need us to bring - or better yet, how to donate to the BBQ grub fund.

Folks. Spit shine your pony! Good times ahead!!!...

-biju.
    Last edited by biju : 04/23/2007 at 03:41 PM

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    woohoo, a VX BBQ!
    biju-> im pumpin up the dB's this year i might be able to keep up with ya =) i have kind of a surprise sound system coming with me in my acura...

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid
    woohoo, a VX BBQ!
    biju-> im pumpin up the dB's this year i might be able to keep up with ya =) i have kind of a surprise sound system coming with me in my acura...
    DB's =

SPL is quite the phenom these days... I'm more of the older audio SQ purist. Glad to hear you'll be bringing the heat! ... but, I'm afraid I'm not shooting for DB's...

Either way, glad to hear you're still planning on coming along! it should be a good time!

Anyways - back to the thread...

-bee-joo

Bumping this thread up, since I met a VX'er in Grand Junction yesterday. We might have another convoy addition!!!!!!!

Welcome Cindy and Ken!!!!!!!!!!

Bim

Talking I wanna go...pop my off-roadin' cherry!!!

I'm a newb! never ever ever took my vx off-roading except over a few curbs...I need to know how to et there and what to bring...cuz I am soo excited and wanna take the time off work to meet some killer vx lover's!!!! wooo hoo!

Talking

Holy crap!

After seeing VXIronWoman's gallery, I may decide to make the drive from Washington to Moab after all...

Ahem.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Thumbs up Looks like I'll make it!

OK guys & gals... looks like it's a go this year! I can't wait... it has been too long! Cece... the other veterans & I will help make sure your first trip off-pavement will be nothing but fun.

Oh, and PHO2GR4... I'd be carefull. Her fiance can call in airstrikes!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX
    OK guys & gals... looks like it's a go this year! I can't wait... it has been too long! Cece... the other veterans & I will help make sure your first trip off-pavement will be nothing but fun.

Oh, and PHO2GR4... I'd be carefull. Her fiance can call in airstrikes!
    Great news Gil, It will be great to see you again!

Jay/Nocturnal: Will you be joining the convoy/BBQ in grand junction?

-biju.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN
    I'm a newb! never ever ever took my vx off-roading except over a few curbs...I need to know how to et there and what to bring...cuz I am soo excited and wanna take the time off work to meet some killer vx lover's!!!! wooo hoo!
    How to get there ??? Mapquest is your friend...

What to bring ??? Money for sammiches & water.(or beer)

No worries, last year was my first ZU & it's a blast...I'm bringing about half the crap I dragged out there last year.

Find & read the "Moab Zuzoo IX you wish you were here" thread from last year for a good overview of what to expect.
    Last edited by Ldub : 03/18/2007 at 11:47 AM Reason: misspelld sammiches

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dunford
    Great news Gil, It will be great to see you again!
    That is good news Gil, haven't seen hide nor hair of ya since you got all growed up & bought a house...It'll be good wheelin' with you again!

Talking Moab!

I will join the convoy... I love the look on people's faces when they see a line of VXes (they've not likely seen even ONE before). Plus, it will be great seeing everyone... old friends & new ones. Sweet!

Talking I'm scared....

after looking at those pix from past events...I am very scared...I will burst into tears if I mess up my baby!!! I never ever let anyone drive her...but if i don't trust my own judgement...someone else may have to take the wheel...and hold my hand...and be willing to deal with a psycho backseat driver (me)... I will try to keep myself composed...I wanna be cool like you folks!!!

VXIRONwoMAN,

Last year was my first Zu, and I was/am EXTREMELY picky about my baby. Everyone was very helpful on the trails, and it's not like high school, so there's no peer pressure. If you don't want to do an obsticle, you don't have to, and no one thinks badly of you for it. I'm probably going to take it easy this year too (don't want to scratch Vicky), so we can both sit back and cheer the other crazy people on.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Thumbs up

VXIRONWOMAN,
    You really want to go on the VX Run. I believe it will be held on Tuesday, May 15th, and I think it will be held at Elephant Hill in Canyonlands N.P. Scott (Moncha) will be leading the trail.

There are some crazy looking trails, but nothing you and your VX can't make it through. You WILL NOT get a scratch on your baby. Not only will you gain confidence in yourself, but your 4x4 skills get much better. This is a must do for every VXer making the trek to ZuZu. It will be my third time on the trail and I rate it UNDER a 3.5. To me a 3.5 means plenty of fun and no scratches to the beloved VX.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"