Thread: SUPERcharger!!!

SUPERcharger!!!

My next mod. Before I spend the money I want to know most everything there is about it

1.) First is it worth the money?
    2.) How much do you really gain (real time numbers please.)
    3.) Does the installation of it cuase problems down the road?
    4.) After the intial cost of the s/c itself what else is needed and how much does it cost in the end?

**5.) For the owners....Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Thumbs up

1.) Yes.

2.) I say close to about 60 to 75HP over stock with intake and exhaust. See this thread when we got dyno'd (Mine with SC and Johnnyapollo's with same mods as me only minus the SC and cooler plugs).. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...highlight=Dyno

3.) Have had no problems with the SC other than one leak on the cone.

4.) Intake, Some sorta of exhaust I have duals now gained almost 9.5HP going to the better flowing exhaust (Cats bigger pipes etc), one step cooler spark plugs, shift kit... Mine is going back in the shop for more tuning this week, will let you know if I squeeze more HP from the other mods that are going on. My last dyno was 225.36 to the wheels. All this other crap can be $$$$. But you gotta pay to play.

5.) Yes should have came this way from the factory.

May I ask what exhaust mods you had done? I am interested in doing some myself but a number of other threads give the impression that the only thing still being produced is a simple muffler change. Thanks!

1.) First is it worth the money? Absolutely
    2.) How much do you really gain (real time numbers please.) I don't know but you can definitely feel it
    3.) Does the installation of it cuase problems down the road? not if done correctly by a pro like Tone
    4.) After the intial cost of the s/c itself what else is needed and how much does it cost in the end? you must use premium gas instead but that's about it

**5.) For the owners....Would you recommend it? Absolutely! my supercharger belt was loose once, lost boost and what a difference it was. After I tightened everthing back up and got full boost again, it made me realize why I spent the money

Awesome. If I could only sell my other car, I would buy one now. This is my next mod. Going to continue buying smaller ones, while saving for this in the end.

Another Q: How does it effect your gas mileage?

Thumbs up

Joe, I had a generation 1 PowerVault catback exhaust and then switched to a Custom exhaust with 2.5 Stainless Steel pipes all mandrel bent and tig welded into Magnaflow cats into a Single 3” in Dual out MagnaFlow XL Muffler with dual 4" resonated tips.

JHarris1385, Gas mileage sucks. I get about 200 miles on a tank full... then again I drive pretty fast all the time.

How is mpg compared to non supercharged?

I am not sure... it has been so long.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    My experience has been...

S/C + 33's = 11-13 mpg around town / 16 - 18 hwy.

S/C + 32's & stock rims = 12 -14 mpg around town / best ever 23 mpg hwy.

Stock...no data available, memory good, but short.

I've got kind of a heavy foot...your results may vary.

OK I am non sc'd When I 1st got it it was 19 mpg and averaged 18-19 not sure on hwy I drive 25 miles to work and dont really pay attention to gas because have to fill up anyways.

I know I prolly need a tune up seeing that I am about hit 80k now I am getting between 14-16. i dont have that heavy of a foot off teh get go because need tune up but I do kinda go in excessive speeds some reason I think my needle is broken because it stays @ 80... except when I am in town.

but taht is what I get now stock. Well actually when i bougth mine it had aftermarket air filter with box off.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    My experience has been...

S/C + 33's = 11-13 mpg around town / 16 - 18 hwy.

S/C + 32's & stock rims = 12 -14 mpg around town / best ever 23 mpg hwy.

Stock...no data available, memory good, but short.

I've got kind of a heavy foot...your results may vary.

As for the 1/4 mile time I think I went from 16.4 to 15.2 for best times, if I still remember, haven't been to the track after the lift and 33's (2 years)
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

As Cyrk preparing to do, I think some fuel regulation and EM to manage the air/fuel mixture will also add some more on the spot boost, so that could be a plus. Couple all of that with a nice hi-flow exhaust and we could quite possible break the sound barrier, heh.

Cyrk is turning out to be a good guinea pig for my plans since he seems to think along the lines I do, heh. He gets all his work done and I am gonna keep my eyes open for how the tranny handles it all.

Cyrk, you da' man!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT