Thread: SCAN Gauge II

SCAN Gauge II

I just recived mine in the mail yesterday, and would like to recomend it anyone that does not have it yet. (make sure to buy from tonemonday.com) Its great. It shows im throwing P0300 *see below for more info.*

Anyways im stuck on exactally where to put it. Seen many options in the galleries but cant choose yet, (do I want to do any cutting or not?)

**For the owners that have one or anyone intrested in helping**
    I threw the troublecode P0300 - random cyclinder misfire. Which I am sure I can cure with an egr cleaning. VIA help from IndianaVX.

The question is on the scan guage it shows PID02=0300 ... PID03=0202 loop is closed ...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

+++Also ever since installing this. I do not have cruise control anymore. The lights just blink on and off.+++ANY suggestions?

Who else has one of these?
    Last edited by JHarris1385 : 01/09/2007 at 01:39 PM

I've got it and like it. I have yet to throw a code on it though. I mounted it with velcro on my gauge cluster. I figured if I have it I don't need to see all my idiot lights. However, I intend to make a little bracket and mount it above my rear view mirror in the future.

ive got mine mounted just below where the stock cd changer is, i ended up drilling a hole through the plastic piece to allow the wire to come through behind it to give a cleaner look, but at first just brought it around the dash.. i do have shorter shifters than stock though so im not sure u will be able to see it.. wouldnt think you would have any trouble while in drive

..just an fyi if your scangauge ever just doesnt turn on... check your horn fuse (under hood) mine kept blowing and the SGII wouldnt come on... ive since fixed the problem and havent had anymore issues

as for the cruise control i have no idea what would cause that... other than maybe you pulled a wire loose when you put the SG in.. where did you run the wire? id start checking there for loose wires, also disconnect your sg and see if the cruise starts working again

Last edited by etlsport : 01/09/2007 at 01:51 PM

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

I mounted mine were the ash tray is , since I dont smoke anyway, and dont let anyone else smoke in my truck,I thought this a good location without taking any other space up. [url=http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCF0354.JPG]
    OttoVx

OTTO.......Nice setup...I like
    I need to turn my changer into a cubby. How hard was that to do?

+++ I do not have cruise control now with this installed++ any help on that..the lights just blink on and off..

It was not hard to do at all, St Charles Automotive sells the replacement cubby. If you check the links in the forum you can find the part number.

Turning the changer into a cubby is simple, I did it with mine. I later put my power inverter into the cubby, which was not so easy however. You just need to get the right sized cubby. I got mine from here:

The Better Source

iirc, this is the exact one I used:

Multi Fit Pocket

Nice and cheap too. Click my VX Madness link below and look at my mods for a pic of what the pocket looks like.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385
    OTTO.......Nice setup...I like
    I need to turn my changer into a cubby. How hard was that to do?

+++ I do not have cruise control now with this installed++ any help on that..the lights just blink on and off..
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 01/09/2007 at 03:23 PM Reason: addition

I've got mine over the rear view mirror.
    Just velcro - sticks real good!

Also, very strange that it affects your cruise control. Shouldn't do that. Do you get cruise control back when you turn it off or unplug it?