Thread: cold weather beatin up on my vx

cold weather beatin up on my vx

the cold weathers causin my vx troubles again she stalled out on me in the best buy parking lot last night, started up (barely) and limped for about 1/2 mile idling around 600 rpm (engine had only been off for about 15 min after a drive w/ no troubles at all.. so rpms shoulda been 750-800)

i had the same type of symptoms back in feb when i first bought my vx and n troubles in between (aka warm weather) based on what i was told before and what i searched.. im guessing fuel pressure regulator.. ive got one sittin in my basement, all i gotta do is install it..

so..
    is it really as easy as some of the other posts make it sound? unplug the old one and plug in the new one? anyone have any tips for me? ive got a pretty good tool collection so that shouldnt be a problem (including 45º snap ring pliers)
    about how long should i plan on being under the hood for this one? any hints will be appreciated

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

FPR is located on the drivers side fuel rail, at the end closest to the windshield.
    I can't remember what the stock configuration is with the plastic cover removed, so don't know how accessible it is.(what else might be in the way)
    It shouldn't take much more than an hour, IIRC, just remove the snap ring/ FPR & replace w/ the new one.
    Make sure to note order/ orientation of old parts as they come out.