Thread: Rocky Road

Rocky Road

While calling Rocky Road for my OEM 912's, I asked for the status of VX parts and mods. They told me as soon as next week look on their website rocky-road.com for VX parts. The sales guy did not know too much but thinks for certain there will be at least rock slider available and more to come. Just giving you all a heads up.

Thanks to the owner of the ebony VX that they have to work on.

Thumbs up

That would be me!!! I am picking up my VX from them today with the new "Supersliders" they designed and installed this week. They also took the time to fab up a rear diff guard that is now welded to my axle. I mentioned to them before they started fabbing up sliders, how we need very durable mounts because of the "cokecanning" of frames. So they came up with a way to mount them to the frame rails and the outriggers for the body mounts - the sliders will be able to support the weight of the VX on a highlift jack and offer great protection!

I also mentioned our need for VX roof rack mounts so today they were going to pull off my rack and mounts to figure something out. They have a specific basket they like to use (check their site for info) and when they come up with a design for rack rails they would obviously work best with that specific basket they carry.

Thirdly, we talked about shocks. The company owner told me he would take measurements of my VX and talk to ARB about shock lengths. He may try to get some nice shocks for us to use. We plan talking again next week about them.

Lastly, he recognized the need of skid plates for the VX so they may decide to take the time to design and offer some for us. Bumpers as of now, are a no go.

Rocky Road Outfitters may prove to be a very good fabrication company for us to rely on. Basically, if you want something for your VX, tell them! If there is enough demand for something they will probably be willing to fab and sell it! Rocky Road joined the forum recently - send Glenn and email of what you are interested in - User name is "Rocky Road". I don't want to post his email without permission or I would have it right here. Or just list things you want in this thread and I will inform Glenn of the thread next week and he will have his own chance to respond.

I will post pics of the sliders and info about everything I learn to come from Rocky Road as time goes. Keep your fingers crossed!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Well, Zeus, I'm glad those free rails went to someone deserving. I would have made that road trip in a HEARTBEAT, except for the tiny detail of not actually having a VX in my possession.

Not for TWO MORE DAYS, anyway. But on Sunday, when my black beauty arrives, I may have to plan a li'l visit to our buddies at Rocky Road. It'll be good to visit a place where you can get quality VX parts AND great ice cream...

...what's that? No ice cream?!? Oh well, I may want to just upgrade my shocks and springs anyway.

Nope, sorry, no ice cream as far as I could tell... BUT! This time of year, there are snow cones available! Bring your own cone...

I live on a giant sandbar...please enlighten me... what's a rockslider? Here, rocks are shipped in, then purchased for use in gardens as walkways or landscaping elements. We don't have any to slide on. Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    I live on a giant sandbar...please enlighten me... what's a rockslider? Here, rocks are shipped in, then purchased for use in gardens as walkways or landscaping elements. We don't have any to slide on. Wayne
    Here ya go: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...?threadid=9924