Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's REVISIT car stereo options!

CL Audio...snort.

I meant CDT Audio.

I don't have the measurements handy...hold on...look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CDT-Audio-EF-ser...QQcmdZViewItem

It can't be too different from the JL Audio line, as far as space and installation requirements. I bought it as part of a complete system to be installed into my 350Z, and then found a custom box for the Z which already had a JL Audio 10" sub in it!

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    CL Audio...snort.

I meant CDT Audio.

I don't have the measurements handy...hold on...look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CDT-Audio-EF-ser...QQcmdZViewItem

It can't be too different from the JL Audio line, as far as space and installation requirements. I bought it as part of a complete system to be installed into my 350Z, and then found a custom box for the Z which already had a JL Audio 10" sub in it!
    It may be possible.I will do some measuring and get back to you. shawn
    1COOLVX

Quote Originally Posted by psychos2
    It may be possible depending on the model. There are ways to make the speaker think it is in a bigger box. If you add the right amount of fiberfill.
    Not sure how much volume you can squeeze out with the spare IN, but if you take the spare OUT and build the back out of fiberglass you can get over 3 cubic feet (while still being able to pull the box out - if you didn't care about that you could probably get over 5 cubic feet!). A little bit of fiberfill helped my 12's (1.5 cubic feet was the minimum volume required for each sub) but I still wouldn't go below the minimum recommended volume spec of the sub.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Question Me also interested in replacing head unit, advice'll be appreciated...

Just got my VX - cleared papers y-day, & here comes the 1st disappointment: standard Isuzu head unit is all-around US kid - no 'even fraction' frequency jumps! But my favorite station is 105.2 here in Riga, Latvia!

So - it's time for that box to go, and replacement needs to be:

- GPS with maps available for Europe
    - CD-changer capable :OR: capable to play mp3s from DVD :OR: (preferrably) capable to play mp3s from internal HD
    - with video & headphones output for addtnl screen(s) (kids in rear seats...)
    - able to play audio in front and video in the rear simultaneously
    - rear-view camera ready w option to automatically pop on rear-view picture on front screen when reverse gets engaged
    - satellite radio and iPod readiness are optional...

Recommended here Eclipse stuff looks very close, yet - I can not figure out what nav SW it uses, how to feed custom maps in there?
    Will it allow me listen to my radio 105.2 or mp3s, while kids are watching their disney's stuff in the back?

So: am I dreaming no-sci fiction, or is there something like this available around, like mentioned AVN6600 w some (what?) options?
    Or should I start thinking of building custom multi-media in-dash PC?
    Or - perhaps just get two of them - one for front seats, & other for kids back there for peace of mind?

Thanx in advance, mates!

Talking

How do you have time for VX stuff with all of those beautiful Latvian women running around?!? Aren't you surrouned by supermodels?

Oh, and it looks like the DVD software updates for the Eclipse system are marketed by Fujitsu-Ten but created by:

2006 - Denso Corporation
    2006 - Geographic Data Technology, Inc.
    2004 - NAVTEQ
    2004 - InfoUSA
    2005 - VISA Corporation

That's off of an update DVD I saw on eBay...just for a North America disk.

Red face

How do you have time for VX stuff with all of those beautiful Latvian women running around?!? Aren't you surrouned by supermodels?

Well - we're born in those har surroundings, so we somehow get used to that.

Of course - it's fun seeing some Frenchman or Italian guy hitting lamp pole, while staring around at our chix walking in minis around downtown Riga, yet - u somehow get used to that. It helps to realize that exterior does not grant u a happy marriage...

Thanx on input on maps. Will keep on searching.
    In our part of the world Ozi Explorer on a rugged laptop is very popular nav solution - it can be fed w almost any kind of map.

Red face

Well - we're born in those harsh surroundings, so we are to live w that.

Of course - it's fun seeing some Frenchman or Italian guy hitting lamp pole, while staring around at our chix walking in minis around downtown Riga, yet - u somehow get used to that. It helps to realize that exterior does not grant u a happy marriage...

Thanx on input on maps. Will keep on searching.
    In our part of the world Ozi Explorer on a rugged laptop is very popular nav solution - it can be fed w almost any kind of map.

Arrow Spare tire sub enclosure: Shawn

Hi Shawn,

After researching different options, I've concluded that your spare-tire custom sub enclosure is probably the best way for me to proceed. I'll try to find the specific dimensions of that CDT Audio sub, if you need them. The specs are probably the same as for the JL Audio subs, and if not...screw it. I'll run out and buy another JL Audio sub and put the CDT one on eBay.

Is this a job you'd be willing to take on for some spare PayPal cash? Can you ship a finished one to Seattle any time soon?

Hi Shawn,

After researching different options, I've concluded that your spare-tire custom sub enclosure is probably the best way for me to proceed. I'll try to find the specific dimensions of that CDT Audio sub, if you need them. The specs are probably the same as for the JL Audio subs, and if not...screw it. I'll run out and buy another JL Audio sub and put the CDT one on eBay.

Is this a job you'd be willing to take on for some spare PayPal cash? Can you ship a finished one to Seattle any time soon?
    I do not have any made up. I cannot afford to have them sitting around. I can make you one and have it ready by the 1st of the year.I am off the week of x-mas and will have time to build it then. I can take paypal on my brothers account as I do not have one.I will do some measuring and let you know if that sub will work. shawn

Talking

2007 ?!?

I want this YESTERDAY!

Just kidding. I'm glad that you'll take on this project. If I tried to do it myself, I'd end up with fiberglas all in my hair and my teeth and whatnot.

The diameter of this 10" sub is really 10.5", with the mounting ring. The depth is just about 5.75 inches. It weighs a ton. Remind me not to set it down on my computer case to measure it...that's a powerful magnet.

PM me with the PayPal info. If you'd like, I can send one payment now, for the enclosure, and then you can give me the shipping cost later, when you know how much it'll be.

THANKS MAN!!!!

2007 ?!?

I want this YESTERDAY!

Just kidding. I'm glad that you'll take on this project. If I tried to do it myself, I'd end up with fiberglas all in my hair and my teeth and whatnot.

The diameter of this 10" sub is really 10.5", with the mounting ring. The depth is just about 5.75 inches. It weighs a ton. Remind me not to set it down on my computer case to measure it...that's a powerful magnet.

PM me with the PayPal info. If you'd like, I can send one payment now, for the enclosure, and then you can give me the shipping cost later, when you know how much it'll be.

THANKS MAN!!!!

Looks like the mounting depth is 4.75 inches. That is what it says on the ebay auction link you posted. (And the depth of the box is about 5 inches.)So it will fit.(The mounting depth would be from the back of were the screw holes are to the back of the magnet.) If you want to use paypal send me a PM with your id and I will have my brother send you an invoice and you can just pay from the invoice. Thanks , shawn

PHO2GR4 , i sent you a PM . shawn

Hi Shawn!

I PM'd you back. I'm hoping you can fab something up for a sub with a 5 5/8" mounting depth. If not, it's back to the sub shop for me! And I don't mean sandwiches..

If not, it's back to the sub shop for me! And I don't mean sandwiches..
    If Shawn's box isn't quite deep enough, you could construct a ring out of MDF which would raise the mounting depth (3/4" or 1" depending on how thick the MDF is). Your sub would then stick out that much further from the box though, and the hole you cut out of your plastic tail gate cover would go around the MDF ring, not the speaker. Done neatly it would still look good, i think. You could even do the "ring" in a custom shape if you really wanted to be slick - I thought about doing one in the shape of the Isuzu logo, but then I decided to go with two subs.

I'd like to get together and check out your VX some time. I live up on Queen Anne hill, and my office is down by Safeco Field and Qwest Stadium.

I was hoping my VX would be delivered today, but since it is 12:00 noon and I haven't gotten a phone call from the auto transport company, it doesn't look good.